Adblue message

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Headhurts

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes GLC
I have just finished searching the forums for information on this but thought I would add a post for some up to date comments.
I picked up my new E350 Night Edition last Thursday and got 4 miles down the road and a bong followed by message 'check Adblue see owners manual'

I returned and the car was taken into workshop for a software check, following this a new NOX sensor was fitted then the Adblue was drained and replaced.

The message remained but I took the car with the advice that it is perfectly safe to drive at the moment.

On Sunday the message changed to something along the line of I can drive for around 390 miles and then car will fail to start.

I know nothing about cars but this seems to indicate a sensor is reading the quantity wrongly or is this too simplistic.

This will of course be rectified under warranty but my concern is that in 4 weeks time I am off to France and I would have liked to have had the car running in fault free mode before I leave.

Could this be a simple sensor issue? And if so where is this located?

I do not want a brand new car pulled about too much.

Any comments would be welcome.

Software updated

The car was taken in yesterday and the intention was to fit a sensor and flow regulator.

Turns out it was a software issue, the software had already been done for the SCN not sure if that is correct but further updates were carried out it was described to me but I cannot remember it well enough to describe on here.

It seems that software can be superb but also problematic if corrupted.

Happy now though to have the car back, just need to get a few drives in before trip to France in 4 weeks.
;)

Thanks for the update. Such a shame that the excitement of an amazing new car has turned to concern.

Let's hope that the issue is solved and you can enjoy your French holiday in your new motor.

Take a few pics along the way. Always nice to see and hear where members get to on their travels.

Enjoy, Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom