adding steering wheel paddles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
if i fit a steering wheel from a clk55 with the shifting buttons is there a way to make that work on my 320? anyone done this?

Abs

Get in touch with Gordon to see if they will work on a 320
G-Paddles
I mean, will the buttons work. Im not fussed about getting aftermarket paddles to add as the wheel im looking at used already have some :)
Unless i've miss interpreted your response Rog.. thanks :)

I fitted a paddle shift wheel to my CLS (W219) , the paddle connections plugged straight into the rear of the original airbag but unless coding is done then they wont work.

I had a 850 mile round trip to Comandonline in Surrey where they carried out the coding part of the install.

FWIW, the diesel for the trip , wheel purchase , paddle purchase , wheel recovering , coding cost made it around £500 in total and i used it for 10 mins on the way home and maybe only a couple of times since. The gear change is no quicker than using the tiptronic function on the shifter.

Kenny

Ah, thought you wanted paddles in your 320.
Unsure whether a 55 steering wheel swap would work due to the wiring, so can't really advise Abs. Sorry.

Ah, thought you wanted paddles in your 320.
Unsure whether a 55 steering wheel swap would work due to the wiring, so can't really advise Abs. Sorry.
no worries roger, I havn't got any buttons to add the paddles too haha at least with this steering wheel.. :D although as Kenny said above I dont think id ever use it just that i need a new wheel as mines showing its age on the top part thought its a good time to upgrade

I fitted a paddle shift wheel to my CLS (W219) , the paddle connections plugged straight into the rear of the original airbag but unless coding is done then they wont work.

I had a 850 mile round trip to Comandonline in Surrey where they carried out the coding part of the install.

FWIW, the diesel for the trip , wheel purchase , paddle purchase , wheel recovering , coding cost made it around £500 in total and i used it for 10 mins on the way home and maybe only a couple of times since. The gear change is no quicker than using the tiptronic function on the shifter.

Kenny
yeh thats true mate. I never use the tiptronic anyway.. the gear change is so bloody slow anyway haha

i retro fitted this feature to my C Class Coupe, and as said, in my case the airbag wiring plugs have a piggyback pass through feature, allowing the paddle wiring plugs to be plugged into the back of the airbag plugs.
I suspect, the clk will be of a similar design.

But as also stated, you'll need the gearbox/car re-coded to recognise the paddles and respond to them, in addition to this, it's handy if the place doing the re-code is also able to arrange for the cars vdata card to be updated, thus if it needs repair or replacement parts later, a vin number lookup will show paddle shift as being fitted.

I used ComandOnline/ Comand (Europe) Ltd to install mine and do the re-coding work
How to find Us

I mean, will the buttons work. Im not fussed about getting aftermarket paddles to add as the wheel im looking at used already have some :)
Unless i've miss interpreted your response Rog.. thanks :)

Have you considered getting your existing steering wheel 're-vamped' by Jack at Royal? An excellent service, tailor made to suit your requirements, very very reasonable too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom