Adjusting w219 headlights for driving in europe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikerd4

Car
CLS
Heading across europe in the summer in my cls. I know for France especially i need to sort the headlights out. The headlights are a unique shape are there specific stickers to adjust the beam pattern or how can i do it?

Hi, I have a CLS 350 Grand Edition with the bi-xenon headlights. You don't need stickers to adjust them for driving in Europe. Inside each light is a lever that flips up or down depending is you want symmetrical beams for Europe or asymmetrical beams for UK. They're a real **** to get to and the mechanism is a bit flimsy, I lost one of the levers on mine, but as the lights are set up with a symmetrical beam I didn't bother taking them apart to flip them back to UK. I've had 2 MOTs on my W219 the lights never even got a mention, although obviously you do lose the extra illumination on the left hand side. I'll see if I can scratch up a couple of picture of the interior of the lights for you.

Hi, I have a CLS 350 Grand Edition with the bi-xenon headlights. You don't need stickers to adjust them for driving in Europe. Inside each light is a lever that flips up or down depending is you want symmetrical beams for Europe or asymmetrical beams for UK. They're a real **** to get to and the mechanism is a bit flimsy, I lost one of the levers on mine, but as the lights are set up with a symmetrical beam I didn't bother taking them apart to flip them back to UK. I've had 2 MOTs on my W219 the lights never even got a mention, although obviously you do lose the extra illumination on the left hand side. I'll see if I can scratch up a couple of picture of the interior of the lights for you.
Hey Philip, what year was the CLS 350?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom