advice needed on turbo conversion idea on W203 C180 2.0L

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Problems with the remap are to do with fuelling. If the system runs lean then the possibility of increased temperature and pistons melting increases. Koolvin had this issue when he first fitted his turbo kit. It was running lean and he therefore decided to run a piggyback ECU with an injector driver.

The simplest (some people like them, others dont) is an aquamist ERL MF2 injector driver which is easy to set up. Some people on Club202 have used the Apexi-AVCR. Standalone would be the way to go, but from what I have read, this is not feasible as the standalone ECU can't interface with the gearbox ECU (if your car is an automatic which mine is).

I sent an email to gauge what was possible to DTA Ltd and here is the answer I got:

"An S60 will run your engine perfectly well but may or may not interface with the rest of the vehicle. If this is a normal road car I would leave well alone, if a competition car then go ahead"

So it comes back to aftermarket fuel management is out unless going down the route of an additional injector.

If you started with a 230 kompressor engine, with the wastegate set to limit the boost to about 7psi/0.5bar, i.e. about what the 230 kompressor engine is used to seeing, then the ECU should be fine keeping the fuelling on track, no?

Any updates on your side Tom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom