Advice on a way to keep cats out of garden

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mat B

Car
E55 EC800
Hi all

As the title suggest I'm looking to see if it is at all possible to find something to keep cats away from my garden.

a few weeks ago I bought a very small breed dog and the neighbours Tom cats are constantly eyeing him up. They even watch me to see when I'm not close and try to jump down into my garden to get him. I guess he just looks like a fluffy mouse and a nice meal to them.

So my question is there anything I can possibly try to stop them coming in?

One thing i have been advised of but can't find it wolf pheromones. I've no idea if this works and knowing my luck would actually attract wolves.

Many thanks

Lion **** from a safari park.

Movement activated lawn sprinklers.

Super soaker guns.

Block their entrance, holes in hedges, gates shut etc.

Your small dog won't be too happy to think there are wolves about either.

This should do the trick:dk:

Seriously, I do sympathise. We had a cat that recently died and now we have two male cats fighting in our garden for territorial rights as well as marking their territory everywhere :wallbash:. I'd also like a solution to keep them out.

Last edited:
Contech Scarecrow. |Motion activated water sprinkler. I was plagued by cats crapping in my garden until this. You can try all the stuff like lemon peel etc but it doesnt work.

Thanks. I just watched a video on the contech scarecrow.
Might get that for the front door go get rid of canvassers!

Had similar problem a number of years ago with neighbours cats (approx 20 of them) crapping in my garden or using the neighbours flat roof (approx 1.5m away) as their toilet.
It stank - or is stinked the correct phrase?
I borrowed a mates old (low powered) air gun to sting the ones I could catch as none of the old wives tales worked neither did the pellets sold at the time.
Think water gun would be good if you can catch then

Wire Haired Fox Terrier - guaranteed success.

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

Attachments

• image-3495230839.jpg
    image-3495230839.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 5
Try using about 2 or 3 foot of 4inch nylon drain pipe buried at about 45 degrees in the lawn with a few prawns at the bottom.
When it goes for the free snack and can't back out of the slippery pipe pull pipe out and replace turf. Problem solved.

Pyrecantha stems - the older variety with the thorns. Just persuaded our neighbours' cat to go elsewhere using them!

There are motion detection compressed air cans that make cats fly (of their own accord) as they get startled by the noise and wind.

Failing that as mentioned, shotguns and tuna laced with glycol works :doh:

A terrier. Most breeds are territorial.
Fishing line strung tightly along fence tops in lines between battens stops them going along or coming over or
The nail on rubber spiky strips that are none damaging for fence tops/roof edges (glue them on roofs).

Uzi 9mm. Perfect.

I've heard big cat pooh works. Normally zoos sell it. My parents cat met an awful end after their neighbour had laced a fish with antifreeze. It distressed my parents alot seeing an animal suffer so much and not being able to help.

Sorry, Lion c**p doesnt work, tried it and the neighbourhood posse didn't even seem the slightest bit concerned, they seem to be more scared of the seagulls which seem to be enormous down here!

Sorry, Lion c**p doesnt work, tried it and the neighbourhood posse didn't even seem the slightest bit concerned, they seem to be more scared of the seagulls which seem to be enormous down here!
I agree, I've also never quite got my head around the issue of replacing some small catsh!t with some really big catsh!t !

The auto water sprinklers are great, high powered water pistols make very good sport! The use of air rifles and anti-freeze is both cruel and illegal. The only PIR sonic watsits that work are the expensive RSPB sponsored ones and I can say they really do work but at £40 a pop we found that worms and other wee beasties ate the speakers after about 18 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom