Advice on seating for O2 Arena.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
I need help. :D

Mrs Ringway and the two young Ringways are going to watch Bon Jovi at the O2 Arena on 13th June.

They have never been to the arena and I'd like to know if there are certain seats to avoid.

I'm not sure if the stage is laid out differently for different bands so any advice would be much appreciated.

TIA.

Paul.

From recent experience - Bob Dylan/James Taylor/Andrei Bocelli and Leonard Cohen stage set up is the same each time however not all use large screens on both sides.
Thought that you had to choose seats when you booked so no choice at actual venue?? or has something happened to change that for Bon Jovi??

From the Bocelli concert - avoid the outer rim seats... there's a reason they're cheaper! They are high/far enough that performers look like ants (and the slope is really quite intimidating when walking to the seats)

M.

What about transport after the gig, I presume the tube keeps on running late or is there a special bus service?

We tried all sorts of things to get the best seats (which where going fast)and we have seats in BK118 - Row R - No's 526/7/8.

I don't know whether to fly, train or drive to the venue or how long we will be staying in the area - exam dates will dictate this.

Any other advice on do's and don'ts would be most welcome. :thumb:

Many Thanks.

Paul.

Pre-book car parking at the arena on line 'cos there aint nowhere else to park in the area. Jubilee line is ok from centre of Town except at weekends when it is not operating so be careful. Temporary bus service is not funny particularly afterwards.
Could try the boat from Woolwich but not done that myself.

FLY!

We went by tube and this was what we found on exiting:

- Tube, the queue stretched from the station to the arena, which meant an hour+ wait
- Taxi, the queue stretched all the way around the taxi lot, with a taxi arriving every 15/20 minutes or so
- Bus, we had no clue where to go on buses, and these had queues (and were packed leaving people waiting) as well

In retrospect, I think I'll drive or ride a motobike if I ever go back to O2 for a concert - the traffic didn't seem too bad!

M.

In retrospect, I think I'll drive or ride a motobike if I ever go back to O2 for a concert - the traffic didn't seem too bad!

M.

Lol i've had the opposite experience to spinal every time i've been to the 02 (~7 gigs IIRC).

If the Jubilee line is down it has been a nightmare in the car. In August it took circa 90 mins to get out of the car park. Then another 30 mins just to get into greenwich.

I was at Green day on friday night and even coming last out of the gig on the "wrong side" of the arena for the station it took around 30 mins to get onto a tube, which i thought was pretty reasonable given it was a full house.

If your on the side of the arena next to the station and are prepared to leg it at the end then you can be on a tube in 5-10 mins.

As for seats nothing up the top and avoid the blocks either side of the stage (101 112) as you get too much of a side view IMHO despite many touting them as the VIP areas.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

I originally thought of driving down in my W210 but taking into account the there-and-back motoring times I think we'll fly from Manchester (40 minutes).

Although I spent some of my childhood in Hemel Hampstead, Dagenham & Canning Town and visited our great Capital City recently, I still need advice on what to do and where to go (and not to go) whilst the other Ringways are at the gig.

Any suggestions would be most welcome. :thumb:

I'd go to the cinema if you are not watching Bon Jovi, rough old area around there - stay in the dome. Or you could get trashed in one of the bars/restaurants.

Defo drive and park but pre-book to make it slightly cheaper (it is still expensive). Unless it is summer in which case get the boat.

I was under the impression the arena layout normally stays the same unless the band/artist specifically wants it different such as Take That.

Many thanks for the advice everyone.

The day (Sunday 13th) of the gig is dawning and plans are still up in the air as to what to do.

One of the young Ringways has an exam on the Monday morning so we must travel back in the early hours.

We'll be driving down in the E-Class but really need advice on the logistics. What is the best plan with regards to getting into and out of the 02 Arena without wasting valuable time?

Also, where can I safely park up and get a few hours shut-eye whilst the event takes place?

Does anyone fancy a meet-up on the Sunday evening?

I may well consider arriving in the Capital on Saturday luchtime if we can find a hotel or B&B that suits.

TIA.

Paul.

Last edited:
It's all the same, only the names will change
Everyday it seems we're wasting away
Another place where the faces are so cold
I'd drive all night just to get back home
I'm a cowboy,--- on a steel horse I ride
I'm wanted dead or alive
Wanted dead or alive

Enjoy the gig!:cool:

It's all the same, only the names will change
Everyday it seems we're wasting away
Another place where the faces are so cold
I'd drive all night just to get back home
I'm a cowboy,--- on a steel horse I ride
I'm wanted dead or alive
Wanted dead or alive

Enjoy the gig!:cool:

Thanks Graeme,

I opted not to watch the band, preferring instead to do a bit of sightseeing and was supposed to be having a mini-break for a day or two.

Then Mrs Ringway, (after booking the tickets) checked the exam timetable! :doh:

So I either travel down on Saturday or drive there and back on Sunday, oh well..

My mother spent a week at the O2 watching the ATP tennis and she stayed with me. As it went on late and transport across town was dodgy, I think her strategy after the first evening was to leave early before the event finished (a little odd but better that than a 70 year old missing the last tube).

I don't know Greenwich at all well, but I would suggest parking in the car park there is a much better option than scouring that part of London to park up. Also, I would avoid going through the centre of London, and I would take advantage of Greenwich's proximity to the M25 and use that as your route in.

If you want to do sightseeing, just jump on to the Jubilee line and hit the centre of town - it is only about 20 minutes away, whereas driving in from there is hideous.

My mother spent a week at the O2 watching the ATP tennis and she stayed with me. As it went on late and transport across town was dodgy, I think her strategy after the first evening was to leave early before the event finished (a little odd but better that than a 70 year old missing the last tube).

I don't know Greenwich at all well, but I would suggest parking in the car park there is a much better option than scouring that part of London to park up. Also, I would avoid going through the centre of London, and I would take advantage of Greenwich's proximity to the M25 and use that as your route in.

If you want to do sightseeing, just jump on to the Jubilee line and hit the centre of town - it is only about 20 minutes away, whereas driving in from there is hideous.

Thanks for the advice Charles.

When i went to the Led Zeppelin concert a couple of years back i took the M25, A2, A102 route and had no hold ups or problems at all. I pre-booked the car park which was 3/4 empty and walked the 10 minutes to the venue. From my memory their are a couple of hotels next to the train/tube station and their is also a boat service.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I waited for Mrs & the young Ringways at the nearest pub to the 02 Arena (The Pilot) and got a text as they left the Arena and we were on our way home in 10 minutes.

Also had a meet up at The Pilot with Honey Bear which was nice. :thumb:

Given your avatar, Ringway, it is a shame you didn't get tickets for The Austalian Pink Floyd Show when they were at the O2 a couple of months back.

I trust that you bagged some seats for the upcoming The Wall concert, also at the O2....

:cool:
Given your avatar, Ringway, it is a shame you didn't get tickets for The Austalian Pink Floyd Show when they were at the O2 a couple of months back.

I trust that you bagged some seats for the upcoming The Wall concert, also at the O2....

I've mixed feelings about the Australian Pink Floyd.

My brother-in-law thinks they are spot on.

However, I've not heard a great deal of them but think the lead keyboard sound on their version of "Wish You Were Here" is not near enough to the original sound and also was not "note-for-note" either.

I'm sure they are very good live and the best available given that Floyd themselves will never play live again.

I may consider "The Wall" gigs though. :)

The thing is... No one can replace the presence David Gilmour, the coolest guy on the planet. ;) :cool: :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom