Advice on the following mods/upgrades to w204 saloon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J4miejenks

Car
C200
Hey all!

I'm looking to carry out the following upgrades to my w204 saloon, I was hoping you guys could share advice.

I want to add the following;

-add genuine amg plate surrounds (done these today)
-cks amg style sports grill
-paint caliper a black and add mercedes/amg decals
-vinyl wrap mirrors and centre bar to bumper in gloss black, possibly rear spoiler when I add one
-upgrade wing mirror downlighters to LEDs
-upgrade interior bulbs to LEDs inc footwell bulbs
-debadge rear tailgate and add amg badge
-eibach or similar 30mm lowering springs
-amg quad exhaust and diffuser
-amg rear boot lip spoiler
- refurb wheels to black/silver as my diamond cut is showing signs of any lacquer peel :(

I'd appreciate any other suggestions for subtle mods, really don't want to 'Barry boy' my mercedes, but give it the road presence it deserves :)

If any one has pics of the following I'd really appreciate it!

General consensus of opinion of most MB enthusiasts;

View attachment 42683

Last edited:
General consensus of opinion of most MB enthusiasts;

View attachment 42683

I appreciate your opinion, but I was after something more constructive.

It's a pity mercedes themselves didnt take your view as they supplied the previous owner with both 'Amg' branded wheels and car mats from the factory.

You can get a lip spoiler on ebay for about £30 delivered from Taiwan, a few people have had them and seem happy with them for the price.
They even do them painted already in black, silver or white.
I did read that you should put them on the radiator 1st to make them a bit more flexible before you fit them.

CKS grille is a nice touch I looked into it but I got the 3fin sport grille in the end, alloy refurb is a good idea, as well as the black mirrors.

I do agree with the genuine AMG badge dispute, it musters up memories of boyracers adding Halfords style GTi or 16v badges to their 1.1's.

What about the rear plate lights? Are they LED's? if not upgrade them as well.

I would say there is nothing wrong with upgrading and fitting AMG parts, just leave the badge off the boot.
The smooth debadged look will look great, wont look silly to people that know cars but will keep others guessing.

Too much stuffiness about adding AMG parts, it's your car and you can do whatever you want to it. Personally I would leave off the AMG badge as it will detract from the other mods you are doing (my opinion though). Don't worry about what others think, if the car makes you smile who cares what other people think.

just my 2 pence worth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom