Advice/recommended products to detail Polar White c220 coupe with black wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Prabs.91

Car
Mercedes c220 AMG Sport Coupe
Hi all this is my first post, i took delivery of my brand new AMG sport c220 Coupe last Wednesday.

I will be attempting to detail it myself. As stated it is Polar white with black alloys, would be much appreciated if anyone could share any knowledge/tips and also are there any specific products i should be using?

Also the interior has a gloss black trim and i would like to maintain the factory finish on the dashboard/trim, not keen on these gloss finish sprays.

Much Appreciated,
Prab.

Aerospace 303 is great on interiors, wax's there are literally 100's depending on price.

I'm thinking of using AutoGlym Hd or SwissVax Onyx, but recently I have read that ceramic sealents also do a great job

Hi there,

I have a brand new white M3 coming to the studio next month. Once any correction that is needed, the entire can is have the entire range of gtechniq crystal lacquers applied. This consists of C1, C5, G1 on the exterior. This will all then be re coated with EXO V2 to increase the protection of the paint to around the 40-45,000 miles. If its just sealants and waxes check out the werstatt acrylic prime selection. They obviously don't last as long but do make white paint look the best IMHO.

Cheers Mike

There are tonnes of different brands and products but I'll just mention a few. You'll not go too far wrong if you stick to the tried & tested names

Wash/Decon

Prewash with a standard tfr or a Citrus based pre clean like Orchard Autocare Prewash
Shampoo - Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild, Meguiars Gold Class etc
Tar removal - AS Tardis or even better, Orchard Autocare Tar Cleanse - ( I go on about Orchard alot I know. I have no affiliation with them other than being a avid user. All their products are their own, not relabelled water down gear like some others.
Iron remover - Iron X or again Orchard Tar Cleanse. Use on the wheels and lower half of car.
Claybar - Bilt Hamber is decent and you can use water as a lube. Or the Meguiars clay kit is also good value and works well. Stick to a mild clay for starting out as there is less chance of inflicting marring.

Wheels - AS Smart Wheels or Orchard Wheel Cleanse are very good.

Not sure if you intend on any correction or machine polishing so I'll skip that.

Prewax cleanser or glaze can be applied by hand aswell as machine - Fills minor swirls & enhances gloss
Something like Dodo Juice Lime Prime or Poorboys White Diamond. Check if these are compatible with the wax or sealant you are going to use as sealants usually need bare paint to bond.

Wax or sealant -
Sealants usually work better with white cars but there are dozens of hybrid type wax/sealants available. As said before, there are hundreds of waxes & sealants to choose from. Or you can go for a ceramic coating like 22PLE, or GTechniq etc ect. All offer long term protection but some correction work would be advised before to enhance the finish. You don't want to be sealing in a load of swirls and defects so better to remove most first.

Interior trim -
Chemical Guys VRP or Orchard interior Wizard leave a great finish. They are my 2 of choice as I hate shiney sticky dash sprays or dressings.

Probably lots I've forgot but I didn't want to overload on it!

Thanks for the knowledge Damien ill be sure to check the products out :)

Swissvax is the best wax I've used on my Mercedes, it gives the car a great shine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom