After 24 Hours of Ownership (C63)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DazNich

Car
C63 Coupe
Yesterday I collected my 2014 C63 and drove home in heavy traffic so it was nice to just plod along and listen to the noise :thumb:

Drove it a little bit today and it brings back memories of my M3, struggles to get the power to the road when it's very slightly wet/cold/damp.

Coming from Quattro it's going to take some time to understand this car, but I suppose I just use the cold weather and slow driving conditions to learn the buttons inside!!

Amazed by it so far but am changing the wheels to titanium next year.

Attachments

• IMAG0234-b.jpg
    IMAG0234-b.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMAG0236-b.jpg
    IMAG0236-b.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 93
Yesterday I collected my 2014 C63 and drove home in heavy traffic so it was nice to just plod along and listen to the noise :thumb:

Drove it a little bit today and it brings back memories of my M3, struggles to get the power to the road when it's very slightly wet/cold/damp.

Coming from Quattro it's going to take some time to understand this car, but I suppose I just use the cold weather and slow driving conditions to learn the buttons inside!!

Amazed by it so far but am changing the wheels to titanium next year.

I know what you mean...and mine's only a diesel.

Beautiful motor mate enjoy just don't press that centre button and if u do and it says esp OFF phone 999 in preparation and let them know your gonna be needing them soon

Beautiful motor mate enjoy just don't press that centre button and if u do and it says esp OFF phone 999 in preparation and let them know your gonna be needing them soon

Ha, I pressed the button once and it said "Sport Handling", I pressed and held and it said "OFF", so I immediately switched it back on again!!!

Light right foot required for a few months at least

I'd reccommend watching the top gear episode and listen to what clarkson said about them he actually sold it to me over the other 2

Light right foot required for a few months at least

Then a bit heavier, then a bit more and so on and so forth. :) The next progression is a trip to MSL to see what they can do to it, starting with a De-Cat and finishing** with a supercharger. :eek:

**Only joking, it never finishes once you start. :wallbash:

I'm chomping at the bit waiting for my handheld for my remap then I think it's LSD and decat Maybe headers and air box not a clue of the cost or gains but could be fun

Lee's the man to ask about potential gains Ricky.

He's been there/done that as they say. :)

You at MSL on Saturday?

Lee's the man to ask about potential gains Ricky.

He's been there/done that as they say. :)

You at MSL on Saturday?

I have tried a few different options that's for sure, and have a few more planned for next year.

Re-map and LSD are great starters, then the sky is the limit ( also depends on how deep your pockets are or how many holidays you will miss lol)

I have been very lucky to have some amazing cars but the one that brings a smile to my face every time is my C63!! ( now gut those secondary cats ) : )

It took me a bit of time to get used to a fast car again when I bought my E55.

3 years later I was very used to it - so I got it MSL'd.

Eventually dyno'd at 580/600BHP - it now fulfils that requirement again and I am very used to it!

It took me a bit of time to get used to a fast car again when I bought my E55.

3 years later I was very used to it - so I got it MSL'd.

Eventually dyno'd at 580/600BHP - it now fulfils that requirement again and I am very used to it!

Wowzer...what did you do to it? I am looking at doing some to mine soon and really intrigued to see how much power can be had with Pulley and Map alone.

daveenty said:
Lee's the man to ask about potential gains Ricky. He's been there/done that as they say. :) You at MSL on Saturday?

No unfortunalty on husband dutys that day

The C63 was a bit of a side step performance wise for me so, Ive spent 4mths learning the chassis and now I'm ready to continue my power craze. After exhaust and remap it should be the fastest thing I've owned, in a straight line at least.

Congrats DazNich. Also had a B8 S4 before C63, so know exactly know what you mean. Hardly had my traction light up on the S4 even in the wet at high speed, but then again it always felt a little boring. I absolutely love the C63 - just need to show a little respect around corners in the wet / snow.

A lot of forum users recommends fitting an LSD for the traction. I am not a big modder and usually like my car stock, but a remap and LSD seem like sensible mods for the C63. In fact, I think all performance rear-wheel drives should have LSDs as a standard option.

Congrats DazNich. Also had a B8 S4 before C63, so know exactly know what you mean. Hardly had my traction light up on the S4 even in the wet at high speed, but then again it always felt a little boring. I absolutely love the C63 - just need to show a little respect around corners in the wet / snow.

A lot of forum users recommends fitting an LSD for the traction. I am not a big modder and usually like my car stock, but a remap and LSD seem like sensible mods for the C63. In fact, I think all performance rear-wheel drives should have LSDs as a standard option.

I had a Quiaife LSD fitted last month, the secondary cats gutted and a Eurocharged remap at Wallace Performance in Aberdeen.

Unfortunately the dyno was busy, so I haven't had before and after figures done yet, but Matty will do this when I can get back to him.

On the LSD front, I've not pushed it anywhere near the limit yet, so haven't explored whether it's really worth having it fitted.

The noise the car makes now when you open the throttle is just amazing, a combination of the secondary cat gutting and more induction roar from the remap - you just need to have this done.

The C63 was a bit of a side step performance wise for me so, Ive spent 4mths learning the chassis and now I'm ready to continue my power craze. After exhaust and remap it should be the fastest thing I've owned, in a straight line at least.

what exhaust have you opted for ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom