Aftermarket in car mp5 player problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Parnicalnrd

Car
Mercedes w163
I just bought an 7020g mp 5 player with reverse camera and when i put it in my car mercedes w163) the unit is stucked in reverse move while the car is moving and i didn't connect the camera.when the car is stopped everything works normal.Any ideas

Last edited:
Sounds like you've wired it in badly. Check the wiring instructions in the manual carefully and if there is a wire on the car's wiring loom that you don't know what it is - make sure its not connected to anything on the stereo.

Perhaps you have connected speed signal on the car's wiring to reverse input on the stereo ?

Be careful you don't damage whatever is sending the speed signal in the car (I can't remember whether its a sensor or ESP controller itself) if you have connected it to the wrong thing.

Richard

The funny thing is i just connected the original iso socket from the car to the mp5 player without putting any wires.Thank you!

The funny thing is i just connected the original iso socket from the car to the mp5 player without putting any wires.Thank you!

Thats not a strange thing, all you didn't know is that there are a few connections on ISO that are not strongly defined (i.e up to the manufacturer of the vehicle). Even which is permanent positive and which is switched varies between car manufacturers (so most aftermarket radio with ISO have an easy way to switch them over)

So, you have almost definitely connected the car's speed signal to the reverse signal input on the new stereo. You really don't want to feed any garbage down the speed signal wire back to the car as it is used for things like ESP (traction control).

There are other wires in the ISO that should not be connected too. (diagnostic line, wakeup line). There is no reverse signal on the Mercedes ISO either, you will have to find that from a brake light.

As I said, connect only the signals you need to the car's actual wiring for safest install.

Cheers

Richard

i will try and i will reply soon!
Thank you very much for your time.

Sorted.I just removed the blue wire (for the speed control) and everything work as is should.Thank you very much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom