Aftermarket warranties

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tiggers

Car
Volvo :-(
Are any of these aftermarket warranties any good?

I have heard some horror stories about some, but surely some of them are sensible or am I in dream land?

Any experiences (good ones I mean)?

Ive had WarrantyDirect & WarrantyWise, Im getting on better with WarrantyWise.

As with all insurance, it is not until you make a claim you see if they perform or just take your money. Aftermarket warranty is really just another insurance at the end of the day.

Just made a claim on Warranty Direct - no hassle at all.

Just made a claim on Warranty Direct - no hassle at all.
yes. I have taken warranty from Warranty Direct. No hassle and covers max parts

attachment.php

Reactions: Ted
I've had both and have issues with both.

Warrantywise look for the cheapest parts possible when it comes to replacement parts and I had to put up a major fight to have quality items fitted to my previous W204.

You get what you pay for. A cheap warranty will have a low claim limit, with lots of exclusions, and penny-pinch wherever it can if it has to pay out; a more expensive one may be a good deal better. The warranty companies are in business to make money at the end of the day.

Your best guide is others' experiences.

Last edited:
Warranty Direct just agreed claim for Nox sensor on my C Class. No ifs no buts. Only problem, sensor on back order with no projected date!!. well worth my £22 a month.

Can’t remember the name of the company, but I was really glad I’d taken it out on my money pit Volvo. Premium just under £300 pa, limit for each claim £1,000, but no limit on number of claims. I was well in pocket over the premium, but I did have one claim above the limit.

I purchased a Warranty Wise policy for my SLK which is 18 years old. That is the age limit for their policies and all I was eligible for was the Bronze policy, which has a £500 claim limit. Also gives breakdown cover. Not cheap at £800 for 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom