Age appropriate cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not sure I would want a hot hatch now - makes me feel like I would be trying too hard.

It's quite nice being older when fast motors cost sod all to insure...

:bannana:

XR3is, especially once lowered 30mm, did handle really well - even on skinny 185 tyres.

To kill some time, I completed an on-line questionnaire a couple of years ago to find out which car suited my needs best, answering with honesty and pragmatism.

The resulting top recommendation was a second-hand Nissan Almera :eek:. My E55k didn't even appear on the list:dk::D

I've never been a fan of hot hatch horribles, no matter what my age.

I've certainly been getting it wrong if Mr Griffin's article is to be believed. At 18 I had a Jaguar Mk7. At 65 I had a red Porsche 944 convertible. But at least I've followed his advice to own Mercedes from 50 onward - I've rarely been without since my half century.

I never really got this type of thing, although many believe cars should relate to your age somehow! I like my performance cars and hot hatches for fun or competition but I get very bored of them on the road.
I like a little luxury for the daily grind! My mates where all in 106's and Saxo Vtr's when I had my Bristol. They took the mick a fair bit, until they tried to keep up with it. But they where paying 3 times the insurance that I was!
Even now some of my mates take the mick in a jokey kind of way but when there is a long road trip, they always tend to head for my car!

I am sorry, but I dont believe in age appropriate cars.

We drive whatever suits our needs and we can afford at the time.

It's just a load of ******, so that confused .com can get a load of details for free, then bombard you with "their super deals selected for you" spam.

If you're 17 and related to the Saudi Royal family, you can drive what you like.

I drive everything and anything I can get into, last bit of fun I had was in a Stag, I just finished rebuilding the original engine and had it for 3 weeks to "run in" for the customer doing the final tweals etc etc.lovely daily commuter and nice Triumph V8 burble when the power comes on, roof off or on looked great :)

Just been running around in a Honda R Type for a few days doing some diagnostics, not too keen on it as the rides too firm and the exhaust note too deep at motorway cruise speed (makes you feel nauseous).

For me a few hours in a sporty things fine but give me comfort over performance any day as I have got older :)

I completely agree with age-related cars.

I would never touch certain cars now purely on the basis I feel they are for older or younger people.

Doesn't always apply mind - I'm probably very young to have my old man's car now though...

To kill some time, I completed an on-line questionnaire a couple of years ago to find out which car suited my needs best, answering with honesty and pragmatism.

The resulting top recommendation was a second-hand Nissan Almera :eek:. My E55k didn't even appear on the list:dk::D

Tim, that's not good!

I take it you are still trying to keep the old girl as long as you can get away with it?

Just been running around in a Honda R Type for a few days doing some diagnostics, not too keen on it as the rides too firm and the exhaust note too deep at motorway cruise speed (makes you feel nauseous).

Our previous FD had one of these. I drove it not long after she got it.

Talk about hard ride. Fun to drive but I couldn't live with one now.

Age-appropriate cars I'm not sure. I had a triumph dolomite at 19 and I felt 40. Though it would go sideways out of junctions like the piece of crap it was. Time appropriate cars is more apposite, hence ownership of a 250 estate, luxury autobarge. Ash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom