Ahhh! That's better

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pondman

Car
Was an AMG E63s Wagon
Having owned my new to me E63s estate for just over a week now. I've had the first opportunity to get to work on the steering wheel. It was the first thing I spotted when viewing the car. And it's pretty much the first thing you touch when entering/driving. So the sticky alcantara had to be cleaned.
Ohhh, that's so much nicer to hold, and it is a nicer thing to hold rather than get stuck to! I reckon that it's never been cleaned in its 4 & 1/2 years of existence. It was thick with grime, eughhh! o_O
IMG_20180313_123808.jpg IMG_20180313_123832.jpg IMG_20180313_123743.jpg

I've found that the Alcantara sections of the steering wheel get shiny and flat pretty quickly, so it may not have been 4 1/2 years of grime. But in your case it was, after all, someone else's grime :confused:

I find that as long as you don't let it get too bad, a quick wipe over the Alcantara with baby wipes every few weeks brings them back to perfection.

Reactions: m80
Glossing over the first minute, this might be a good guide.

Is it OTT ?
Possibly but I guess it will do the job.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very nice, but it a shame mine had been left for so long before being cleaned as the Alcantara had started to degrade a bit and become bobbly, it’s a damn sight better than before ;)

I find also that a micro fibre cloth with some lukewarm water works a treat

Is it OTT ?

I did exactly this! But then again like the Op’s It hadn’t been done, maybe ever! Now the baby wipe method and unbuckle brush will do it

Having owned my new to me E63s estate for just over a week now. I've had the first opportunity to get to work on the steering wheel. It was the first thing I spotted when viewing the car. And it's pretty much the first thing you touch when entering/driving. So the sticky alcantara had to be cleaned.
Ohhh, that's so much nicer to hold, and it is a nicer thing to hold rather than get stuck to! I reckon that it's never been cleaned in its 4 & 1/2 years of existence. It was thick with grime, eughhh! o_O
View attachment 75323 View attachment 75324 View attachment 75326
Snap

Is it OTT ?

I do enjoy Remove Before Race videos on You Tube. No shouting, no swearing, knowledgeable , and funny in places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom