Alarm keeps going off. Help!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maestegman

Car
2003 E270 CDI Elegance
The list of issues with my 03 W211 E270 continues . . .

The newest member of the niggle club is the alarm. It goes off at unexpected times and, once started, I can't do anything to stop it. Then, after about 10 minutes, it disengages.

Any ideas?

BTW, add this to: my groaning steering, squeaking brakes, whirring wheels, windy windscreen, etc., etc.

I love Mercs me . . .

The list of issues with my 03 W211 E270 continues . . .

The newest member of the niggle club is the alarm. It goes off at unexpected times and, once started, I can't do anything to stop it. Then, after about 10 minutes, it disengages.

Any ideas?

BTW, add this to: my groaning steering, squeaking brakes, whirring wheels, windy windscreen, etc., etc.

I love Mercs me . . .

I had this issue on my 53 w211 e270 a bit back, i also sometimes got the consumers electricals temporarily switched off message after start up.
I changed my battery for a Bosch silverline one and the alarm problem never returned.

Thanks Mafya. More cost again then. Any idea how much a new battery is going to set me back?

Last edited:
Thanks Justin.

I swore after buying my last MB (a C220 CDi Coupe) that I would never buy another one due to the fact that everything went wrong.

Now, after 3 months of owning my E270, I'm starting to wonder why I did it again.

Is it just me or does everything that goes wrong with a Merc not appear on a warranty?!

Thanks Justin.

I swore after buying my last MB (a C220 CDi Coupe) that I would never buy another one due to the fact that everything went wrong.

Now, after 3 months of owning my E270, I'm starting to wonder why I did it again.

Is it just me or does everything that goes wrong with a Merc not appear on a warranty?!

Have you read my thread about the problems mine is giving me?

Hello its an 03 car probably original battery? Batterys go in any car, any equivalent battery in an e class type car would cost the same....

As it happens my car did the same a few time but it was down to short trips then weeks without being used.

I try to use it at least once a week on a good run and no issues so far :)

i had the same problem on my C220 CDI coupe 2003, it went off on a sunny hot day and after a few clicks on the key (opening the doors, etc) it was ok. i thought it may have been a fly inside the car setting the sensor off, then a few later the indicators started to flash,but no siren, i have now removed the siren (which has sorted the problem) i'll wait until i get a cheap one off ebay. just thought this may be the start to the problem i had or maybe there is no link.. hope this helps.. just a thought

Thanks Justin.

A faulty battery can cause all sorts of problems with the W211, but as said in this thread if your car is still on the original battery then it has done well to have lasted this long.
I would personally change the small battery under the bonnet aswell as the main one in the boot :thumb:

Many thanks everybody.

Apologies for my ignorance here but the W211 has two batteries?!

Yes two. PITA. (My trusty old 124 has just the 1)
One runs the comfort features of your car. Central locking and such like.
The other does the regular battery jobs such as starting.

Oh great! Two new batteries.

I'm trying to work out if I've had a repair/cost free month in my 15 months of MB ownership across two cars. I don't think there has been one.

Love the car though.

Yes two. PITA. (My trusty old 124 has just the 1)
One runs the comfort features of your car. Central locking and such like.
The other does the regular battery jobs such as starting.

Oh great! Two new batteries.

I'm trying to work out if I've had a repair/cost free month in my 15 months of MB ownership across two cars. I don't think there has been one.

Love the car though.

Thats comical that is i can see Mae waving his arms after learning he has two batteries ! :rolleyes:

And...sorry for your problem can't help but do check the battery dates it's important

I'm in the same boat, alarm going off for no apparent reason, spoke to Merc mechanic who said its usually the built in siren battery that's had it and needs new siren as its all in one

Solved. Battery fine. Alarm now unplugged. Simples.

Did locking/unlocking not reset the alarm or did the remote not work ? And when it went off did you try unlock the car with the key ? And u said battery fine. did you mean one or both ? And remember the batt test is not always reliable so watch out for other problems which may be battery related. And last is good luck with your other problems is sounds like your list is as long as mine !! :0)

Excuse my ignorance, I know that the main battery is under the rear seat but I have never seen another one under the bonnet. How big is it and can you be more specific about the location please??

Its a different car. You have a 210 and he is taking about a 211 that has an extra battery under the bonnett

Excuse my ignorance but mine has 2 batteries and its a 210. Is it due to it being a 320?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom