Alfa Romeo paintjob @ £15,225

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
Has anyone noticed the advert for the new Alfa Romeo 159 Ti saloon (what car page 20-21). The car featured is said in the small print to be £23,645 OTR, and that the 8C paint is available as an option at an extra cost of £15,255 :eek:

I bet we don't see too many of those :D

Not seen it , what's so special about the paint ?

Its a metallic red, but I guess the reference to 8C suggests its associated with their new supercar that sold out. The black car here is the 159 for non Alfa enthusiasts :rolleyes: Would you pay an extra £15k for the colour?

Attachments

• alfa-romeo-8c-competizione-0.jpg
    alfa-romeo-8c-competizione-0.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 222
  • alfa-romeo-159-ti.jpg
    alfa-romeo-159-ti.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Not seen it , what's so special about the paint ?

Like Alfas of old, its structural - holds the body together when the metal rusts away.... :crazy:

Costly paint perhaps and bad cars in general, but one thing you can say about the Alfa's are their seriously sweet (and fast) 6 cylinder engines.

Were given a 48 hrs testdrive in a 164 3.0 V6 24v once and the thing went like a train! Wow. :eek:

Maybe not expecting anyone to want it, but using it as creating a connection to a super desireable car in the range. At £15k it would be worth changing the colour of a ready made car, or even stop the line, if someone did go for it.

Might also be to get mega profit margin from those who're likely to be less sensitive to price, ie the 8C owners, who might want a matching pair. I love a nice pair myself.

We went on the Alfa stand at the Goodwood Festival of Speed - all the cars were in 8C red. It looked absolutely stunning to our eyes! So much so that we asked about the colour - and yes it costs £15K extra!

The reason why? They take a finished car from the end of the production line, strip it down, repaint it by hand and then reassemble it. When you know that, then perhaps £15K is perhaps understandable? The finish was excellent...

The reason why? They take a finished car from the end of the production line, strip it down, repaint it by hand and then reassemble it. When you know that, then perhaps £15K is perhaps understandable? The finish was excellent...

To me that suggests that there's a problem with their production process, in that they have to disassemble a car thats a few hours old. Maybe they should at least divert bodyshells to be sprayed in that color to a different workshop, then allow them to rejoin production?

madness .. utter madnesss

Ferrari use the same method with their cars which are painted in a pearl finish

Ferrari use the same method with their cars which are painted in a pearl finish

that's because they used to belong to the Fiat Group .. and this fact does not make it any less mad and stupid

They charge you 15K to strip down your Alfa mix some hamerite in the paint and put it all back together resprayed.

I guess it stops the rust and squeaks for a bit longer but sounds like they are having a laugh.

on a 150K superar the idea isn't too silly but a 15K family car??

crazy

They charge you 15K to strip down your Alfa mix some hamerite in the paint and put it all back together resprayed.

I guess it stops the rust and squeaks for a bit longer but sounds like they are having a laugh.

on a 150K superar the idea isn't too silly but a 15K family car??

crazy

Crazy maybe - but the colour was gourgeous!!!! As good a finish as you will see on any hand restored classic (which is better than nearly all factory finishes...).

Have you ever known anything to go back together exactly as it was after a major stripdown ?

' So , what do i get for my extra £15k ? '

' Well sir , you get a nice colour and a hundred extra squeaks and rattles from the cabin '

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom