All C43 AMG owners - What shall I do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What type of Audi quattro do you have - a UR or?

I wish :)

Unfortunately nothing as lovely like that, just an A4 3.0v6 Quattro Tip Tronic. But it has the proper full Quattro system. And yes occasionally, especially in a multi-storey car park with a wet ribbed concrete floor it will do it.

Yep agree as ultimately its down to me however, If I do proceed with the purchase and MB accept a fix needs to occur then that's fine. If not there are going to me a lot of GLC/C cars around the country that come trade in time eg 3-4 years down the line each and every one will have this problem so not sure how that will actually affect the value as all the cars will be the same. Only time will tell.

And that is my thinking as well. I sold my GL through a car buying company, value was too high for general private individuals and they were incredibly thorough. If that thing made this racquet driving off my driveway they would not have accepted 'they all do that'.

Or any other buyer, you'd be put off by that.

You do have to consider things like that, unless you lease it or were thinking of just handing it back.

I've got a GLC 43 which has bad crabbing / juddering / jumping. It's so annoying and really detracts for any enjoyment of the car. It's impossible to park, it does it at junctions, in all weathers / road surfaces. It's an absolute pain in the neck. It's really embaressing too as people turn around to see what's wrong with your car, the car you've paid in excess of 50 k for. The tyres are getting damaged, you worry about the safety of the tyres that are constantly being deformed. It's like the Ackerman principle on steroids. It's not just the odd bit of crabbing. If you like driving in a straight line with a bit of decent engine noise go ahead with your order otherwise run for the hills. :eek:

That is terrible. I really liked the look of them GLC's too. No way would I buy one.

Could this be a 'RHD' issue?

Is anyone aware of the same issues with LHD cars?

I'm beginning to wonder whether as others have mentioned, it has something to do with the
transmission.

Remember, the GLK never made it in RHD form due to complications in adapting the AWD system??????

Should I cancel my order can anyone suggest what I should get instead. I don't want a BMW, and have had 2 previous Audi Q5/SQ5's so would prefer a sporty estate type vehicle with a bit of prestige thrown in? H E L P!!

Can you postpone it (I have no idea)
The dealer maybe able to reallocate your build slot, you not lose your deposit and wait and see how the matter escalates with MB as a class action is launched (the VW class action law firm is looking at it as well I understand)

It is only a car and it's going to depreciate anyway and you don't go on full lock that often, but if you are undecided/nervous, there are plenty more fish in the sea (including your current car if you can hang onto it)

Think my car has already been built and in transit to the UK best I could do is ask the dealership to keep hold of it and see what happens in the run up to April 1 when the new VED rates kick in as don't really want to register a new car in April and be hit by the new tax.

Should I cancel my order can anyone suggest what I should get instead. I don't want a BMW, and have had 2 previous Audi Q5/SQ5's so would prefer a sporty estate type vehicle with a bit of prestige thrown in? H E L P!!

You should cancel simply on the basis that M-B offer 20'' wheels, never mind the crabbing. Seriously, just looking at the video posted I just can't see how anybody would be happy living with this issue never mind going back & forth to the dealers trying to see if it can be resolved - 'they all do that, Sir'.

Think my car has already been built and in transit to the UK best I could do is ask the dealership to keep hold of it and see what happens in the run up to April 1 when the new VED rates kick in as don't really want to register a new car in April and be hit by the new tax.

Remember how I got mine? It was a cancelled order that was tranferred over to me and the original purchaser didn't lose his deposit. Personally I think that the amount of concerns you clearly have before even buying the car I would give it a miss if I were you unless a fix is issued.

Personally I love mine. I go on full lock off of my drive - that's it. Yes it happens in car parks but all of my Quattro's did it so it doesn't really bother me.

To me you are walking into a known minefield which is bad practice in my opinion.

I personally just can't see you ever falling in love with the car with all the worry you've had in the build up! I'd be cancelling and going to look at an s4 estate if I were you. Or going for a used rs4/c63 if you can cope with a pre owned. Orrrr, just thought, have you tried a cla45 shooting brake? They're a fine looking car in my opinion! Possibly better looking than the c class!

Last edited:
I personally just can't see you ever falling in love with the car with all the worry you've had in the build up! I'd be cancelling and going to look at an s4 estate if I were you. Or going for a used rs4/c63 if you can cope with a pre owned. Orrrr, just thought, have you tried a cla45 shooting brake? They're a fine looking car in my opinion! Possibly better looking than the c class!

Doesn't the CLA45 have the same 4Matic system? As for the S4 Avant unfortunately it doesn't have a sports exhaust so wont really sound as good as the C43?

Last edited:
Does it? I thought from the other thread that the a class cars had a different platform so didn't suffer from the same problems? I have no idea about these things if I'm honest, just going off what other people said.

To be honest I haven't got a clue what to do at the moment and will reserve judgement until I visit my dealer next week. Thoroughly p.ssed off though that's for sure.

I know you asked for C43 owners to help you decide, and I'm not one, however I can't resist any longer, the force ran out, and I found myself typing.

Throughout the process of selecting, buying, spec ing and waiting for your new car you seem to have been mithered at best, so I really don't think you will ever truly click with your new C43.

I think this issue will worry you whether your new car is affected or not. Perhaps this issue has given you an opportunity to get out. My advice would be:

10 X=ValuePreparedToLoseose
20 Y=ActualCostToCancelOrder
30 if y=0 then goto 100
40 if y<x then goto 100
50 if y>x then still f@c*ing goto 100
100 Cancel order
110 Enjoy your next car
End

I know you asked for C43 owners to help you decide, and I'm not one, however I can't resist any longer, the force ran out, and I found myself typing.

Throughout the process of selecting, buying, spec ing and waiting for your new car you seem to have been mithered at best, so I really don't think you will ever truly click with your new C43.

I think this issue will worry you whether your new car is affected or not. Perhaps this issue has given you an opportunity to get out. My advice would be:

30 if y=0 then goto 100
40 if y<x then goto 100
100 Cancel order
110 Enjoy your next car
End
Perhaps if it was a C42 I wouldn't have a problem, LOL. Thanks anyway but I need to get into a car before April 1 as not going to give HMRC anymore of my hard earned Wonga. May ask the dealer to hold on to the car until sometime in March to see if MB get their finger out and decide then. You never know because if I don't ask I won't get....

Wish I had never joined this bl..dy forum, LOL again.

Last edited:

30 if y=0 then goto 100
40 if y<x then goto 100
100 Cancel order
110 Enjoy your next car
End

Oh that reminds me of the fun old days typing in basic programs on computers in shops. That made my day :thumb:

Oh that reminds me of the fun old days typing in basic programs on computers in shops. That made my day :thumb:

Many hours were spent by me doing that stuff on cold, wet, Saturdat mornings when my Mom was shopping. In Boots of all places. They had a great computer section back then, and we're happy for kids to play demo games. Happy days!

Perhaps if it was a C42 I wouldn't have a problem, LOL. Thanks anyway but I need to get into a car before April 1 as not going to give HMRC anymore of my hard earned Wonga. May ask the dealer to hold on to the car until sometime in March to see if MB get their finger out and decide then. You never know because if I don't ask I won't get....

Wish I had never joined this bl..dy forum, LOL again.

How about secondhand. You could get a very lightly used C63 for similar money.

You could get a lightly used previous generation W212 E63 for less.

Its a pity the C Class Estate doesn't have any beefier engines below the C43, think the next one down is the Petrol 170 HP and on 204HP in the 250d. Would rather go petrol this time around as my last 3 cars have all been diesel and think the times they are achanging for D cars now so happy to go down the petrol road. Have started to look at Jags but need an estate and not sure whether they have any new ones in their line-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom