All C43 AMG owners - What shall I do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@ Snooky - Yes, it's a C43 Coupe.

Updated profile now.

@Piha

Very sorry to read that you are experiencing the same issues as in the GLC videos

It does seem to be a bit hit and miss - Some have issues; some don't. Varying degrees of the manifestation of those problems etc.

All very difficult to know what to do when waiting on an order.

Would you go through with your order now knowing what you do or would you cancel?

Pleased to hear your car is ok - there are other owners reporting 'good cars' so it does raise the question of 'what's different'. Maybe it could just be tyres, will be interesting to follow your progress.

.. he said that some C63's suffer this but also when you floor the throttle the front wells appear to skip around a bit which is no big surprise from a powerful RWD V8 car but when I did the same in my car you can tell that most of the power is being sent to the back wheels ..

For me it's actually the complete opposite - the juddering and bouncing is happening at very low / rolling speeds, driving around sharp corners, parking, pulling out at junctions. Unlikely to be accelerating during these normal driving manoeuvres.

The skipping your dealer is referring to on e C63 is totally different to that being experienced on our GLC's.

Pleased to hear your car is ok - there are other owners reporting 'good cars' so it does raise the question of 'what's different'. Maybe it could just be tyres, will be interesting to follow your progress.

For me it's actually the complete opposite - the juddering and bouncing is happening at very low / rolling speeds, driving around sharp corners, parking, pulling out at junctions. Unlikely to be accelerating during these normal driving manoeuvres.

The skipping your dealer is referring to on e C63 is totally different to that being experienced on our GLC's.

OK. I understand. As for the tyres assume I am not the only person with Conti's as there must be some unhappy owners with these also?

Last edited:
Really glad to read this DRIVER200!

I am due to pick mine up on 1 March and it is from a dealer 200+ miles away (local dealer would not do any discount at all). Trying to blag another test drive locally this week to try some full lock manoeuvres - didn't have any crabbing on either of my previous test drives.

Your message has cheered me up as I've spent the last couple of evenings looking at what to go for if I cancel my C43 order!

Hope I can get a drive shortly to see if the demo has the issue.

If you do experience this problem check what tyres the car has but to be honest the tyre choice is unlikely to be the main cause. You may also wish to ask what the dealer themselves are driving and if its one of the affected models see what their response is to the issue especially if they do not experience the problem and once again check what tyres are on their car.

Last edited:
I have had my C43 estate since September! It does this and it is annoying mainly because I think it is the transmission winding up!! Would I still buy the car - yes because it is brilliant!

I have had my C43 estate since September! It does this and it is annoying mainly because I think it is the transmission winding up!! Would I still buy the car - yes because it is brilliant!

When does it do it as it seems to vary also what tyres are you running on?

Slow speed full lock forwards and reverse! Car is running on 19's with Dunlop sorts fitted from new. It is annoying and cringeworthy but it only happens when parking! It is definitely worse now it is colder - that said I am in the south so it is rarely below 7 degrees!! The rest of the car is superb!!

Slow speed full lock forwards and reverse! Car is running on 19's with Dunlop sorts fitted from new. It is annoying and cringeworthy but it only happens when parking! It is definitely worse now it is colder - that said I am in the south so it is rarely below 7 degrees!! The rest of the car is superb!!
Do you have any theories about tyre brand as I said earlier have tested a car with Conti's and no real problem?

As I have not tried any other brand of tyre I can comment! It is definitely worse in the cold! With warm tyres on a warm day it is not there! It skips like crazy at the moment as it is cold and I am doing short journeys!

I am not worried by it though you need to be careful and considered parking sometimes! If the transmission fails it is under warranty!! I think that the front diff needs to roll free for parking! If that makes any sense?

After a great deal of thought I decided to cancel my GLC 43 Coupe. I was not prepared to take pot luck whether I would suffer from this problem or not, together with the fact that my Dealer could not guarantee their original deliver date of the 17th March and I did not want to pay the extra RFL from 1st. April. Having said that, 5 years down the line when all these April Reg. cars come up for sale with a £140 duty to pay will be in great demand over earlier cars.

@Piha

Very sorry to read that you are experiencing the same issues as in the GLC videos ��

It does seem to be a bit hit and miss - Some have issues; some don't. Varying degrees of the manifestation of those problems etc.

All very difficult to know what to do when waiting on an order.

Would you go through with your order now knowing what you do or would you cancel?

The car is great and apart from the "crabbing" and I'm more than happy with it. However I would have thought long and hard about ordering the car if I had been known about this issue. I was thinking about a few other cars other than the C43 and I probably would have gone for something else. This is said in hindsight obviously.

I only get the crabbing when I start a journey and the temperature is cold (had it happen up to 10 degrees), as obviously the tyres are too. I'm very careful when I drive the car from cold to try to minimise the crabbing but I do firmly believe that I shouldn't have to do this and MB need to come up with a solution to their problem.

Yes, been chatting to them on the private FB group. That wheel jump is much worse then mine. Just going through the motions and song and dance to allow them to (not) 'fix' mine so I can reject it.

Please note Mercedes Dealer have not used the words refund, they call it a buy back ;)

With a chance of looking stupid;
Is this crabbing you're saying just tyre rub on full lock? If so I had the same issue with my CLA45 when it was running summer tyres from around October here in Germany when the temperature dropped.

Don't have any issues with my winter tyres.

Yes, been chatting to them on the private FB group. That wheel jump is much worse then mine. Just going through the motions and song and dance to allow them to (not) 'fix' mine so I can reject it.

Please note Mercedes Dealer have not used the words refund, they call it a buy back ;)

At trade value?

I'd be interested in this - nearly hit a car this morning as it skipped across the road on a tight lane!

Was that on a slow tight turn? I don't know where you are, but here just north of London it is about 0.5 degree. To be fair, I think summer tires would need to be treated with some respect in such weather.

Was that on a slow tight turn? I don't know where you are, but here just north of London it is about 0.5 degree. To be fair, I think summer tires would need to be treated with some respect in such weather.

Southampton.... slow tight turn, the issue was not the car sliding but the geometry/ tyres kangarooing the car across the road....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom