Alloy corrosion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattk1

Car
SL63, C350 CDI & Ducati 1299 Panigale
Hi all, I've got a little area of corrosion just forming around the rear pillar on my c215 series. :doh:
I believe both the roof and rear wing are alloy?
Does any know or can they recommend some one or a company that is VERY good in the Guildford/Surrey area?

Thanks in advance, Matt.

That needs properly dealing with as once the wing is off that small area will be much more.

I've used Barry at Multi tech car care in chobham for my C32. He's pretty thorough and honest! Which counts for a lot these days!

I've used Barry at Multi tech car care in chobham for my C32. He's pretty thorough and honest! Which counts for a lot these days!

Thanks very much Neil, I'll give him a ring next year. :thumb:

Matt

Thanks very much Neil, I'll give him a ring next year. :thumb:

Matt

No worries! Its reminded me that i need my bumpers resprayed at some point!!!

No worries! Its reminded me that i need my bumpers resprayed at some point!!!

Just a quick note to keep any one interested updated:
As recommended by Neil I decided to have a chat then visit Barry @ Multi-Tech in Chobham. We thoroughly discussed all my concerns/issues regarding how best to tackle the corrosion and agreed on a plan of action required (he was to do it all!!!! :D). I had 6 areas that needed attention - n/s bonnet edge, leading edge of the sunroof aperture, upper n/s door, lower o/s door, o/s/r 3/4 panel where it joins the roof section and a small 'touch-up' of the rear o/s arch. That all makes my car seem to a appear like an old taxi or just mistreated badly - but this was not the case at all, I'm just fussy, as Olly & Jack will vouch.
Anyway, to cut a long story short I finally collected it yesterday (no fault of Barry's just circumstances dictated the timescale) and I can not tell you how pleased I am with result - it looks exactly as it should, fantastic! :bannana: :D The body work just gleams now. Thanks to Neil for his recommendation and big thanks to Barry @ Multi-Tech for his work.
Please excuse the poor quality pictures but I will be at the May PCS GTG if anyone wants a look etc

Matt

Attachments

• 366.jpg
    366.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 359.jpg
    359.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 351.jpg
    351.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 45
That's good news! Barry is a top guy! I need to speak to him again actually as a couple of areas of rust on mine seem to refuse to go!!

Yes a common problem on all W215's. Where the alloy C pillar meets the wing, the wing is in fact metal, i believe. Glad you got it sorted out.

It will be good to see another 55, not that many around. See you at Olly's, i hope.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom