Alloy Refurbishing in Northampton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

removed

Car
~
Just dropped my A160 to Wheel Clinic here in Northampton - they were having a special event today - moved to a new premises, so 20% discount was on offer :thumb:

I had this car for just over three months and the amount of curbing achieved by previous owner, together with some corrosion, was always bugging me.

Should be ready next week, hope it'll be alright ... fingers crossed

Will post some before and after pics, once I get it back :)

Got the car back this afternoon and am really pleased with the results, and their attention to details - e.g. they didn't put the centre caps back in case I decided to get a new ones which I am certainly going to do tomorrow, if local MB is open. They also picked on a slight bent of O/S rear, that Olly pointed to me when he did a check-up, and corrected that :bannana:

Here are some before and after pics:

IMG_0033.jpg

N/S rear before

IMG_0826.jpg

N/S rear after

IMG_0032.jpg

N/S front before

IMG_0825.jpg

N/S front after

IMG_0031.jpg

O/S front before

IMG_0824.jpg

O/S front after

IMG_0029.jpg

O/S rear before

IMG_0823.jpg

O/S rear after

Alloys look very good.:)

If I may ask, how much did they cost?

Alloys look very good.:)

If I may ask, how much did they cost?

Thanks, I was a bit concerned that they were corroded beyond repair, but no - came out rather good I think.

All in all, including £25 for having a car at their place for a week (insurance) and 20% discount, came to £250 incl. VAT. Would've been about £75+ cheaper, if I'd just brought the wheels to them, without them having to remove and refit tyres etc etc.

Looks a good job they've done there Dave.

If you are ever a bit further north and you need your wheels refurbishing, my place does it for £35 a wheel and they do an excellent job.

Looks a good job they've done there Dave.

If you are ever a bit further north and you need your wheels refurbishing, my place does it for £35 a wheel and they do an excellent job.

Thanks, I'll certainly keep that in mind. Hopefully these will last for a while ...

Dave - thanks for the helpful tip :thumb: - I was looking to use Rimfurbish for my summer wheels but was put off by the 5 weeks + wait.

Sweetpea - just for comparison, how far north is your place?

Mike

Dave - thanks for the helpful tip :thumb: - I was looking to use Rimfurbish for my summer wheels but was put off by the 5 weeks + wait.

Mike

Yeah, the Rimfurbish was my first choice based on recommendations here, however following initial contact with them at the end of August, when they were expecting to get slave wheels in by 5th September (couldn't very well leave the car there and walk back to Northampton :dk: ) I am still waiting for them to get back to me ... not a good sign. Wheel Clinic was recommended here and by MB Northampton, and then I saw the 20% off offer and that was it :rolleyes:

Got the new centre caps this afternoon from Mercedes dealership here in Northampton (£47.20 - ouch!) - looks great, the wheels are now sorted and should serve me fine until the time I decide to sell this car (or go back to The Bahamas :eek: )

This will never end, will it? - now that alloys look brand new, and the centre caps are brand new, I'm thinking: "I need to change those bolts..." :doh::doh::doh: And then the brakes, and the exhaust, and maybe bumpers ... :wallbash:

Incidentally, how much should I expect to pay to someone to fit Daytime Running Lights (got two different types ready)?

Mike

I'm in Doncaster, South Yorkshire.

Sorry for the confusion, it's not my place as in I own it, it's the place I use.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks for the prompt answer Sweetpea - Northampton is going to be a good bit closer for me (40 mins v 90+ mins) so I'll give 'em a go.

Mike

Hi Sweatpea, Where abouts in donny are they, price sounds good for a corner.

Hi Sweatpea, Where abouts in donny are they, price sounds good for a corner.

They're in Kirk Sandall.

Let me know if you want anything doing and I'll sort it for you.

Are you in Doncaster as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom