Alloy wheel centre caps w168?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Hi there,

I've bought 2 sets for previous cars off the "bay" and have been fine, but it was a good while ago.

I bought the wife some for the A-class from a different seller but the 1st one broke immediately whilst trying to fit it, Despite copper grease on the tabs.

Has anyone a link to a decent set of "Roadster" design centre caps for her alloy wheels. Car is a w168 75mm

Unless you're buying from an authorised MB dealer on eBay, literally most centre caps are fake.
Perhaps try at your local MB dealer parts department?

Thanks, I will re order from one of the previous people I used where I didn't have a issue. Just thought it was worth a ask.

The trick with aftermarket caps is to warm the lugs a bit, and make sure you're pushing the cap in evenly across the circumference, and not one "corner" at a time, otherwise it will break - particularly the springless roadster laurel design.

I still have a set from my last buy (20 at a time), but I now use EditionOne caps ... PM me :)

If you are after the blue Roadster caps... these claim to be genuine (or they are a very good copy - including the MB Part Number on the back):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0183TKE3W/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

To clarify I did not order these... I only spotted this after buying original caps from the MB dealer.

I recently fitted a set from the same link and they look a good match when compared to the worn originals they replaced.

I had bad experiences too with eBay caps, kept breaking, broke even when wheel refurber tried to fit em.. got OEM in the end fitted so easily in seconds

I had bad experiences too with eBay caps, kept breaking, broke even when wheel refurber tried to fit em.. got OEM in the end fitted so easily in seconds

The Blue ones i settled on were from the bay, And fitted straight on nicely although i dont think there Genuine despite having Oe numbers on the back of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom