Alloy wheel exchange

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Halcyon Days

Car
CLK 350 Sport
There are a few companies around that offer an exchange service on refurbished alloy wheels.
Companies such as fa wheels in London, offer a refurb set of four, on an exchange basis, for around the £350 mark, which seems like a good deal to me?
Has anyone used a company like this or have any recommendations?
thanks

There are a few companies around that offer an exchange service on refurbished alloy wheels.
Companies such as fa wheels in London, offer a refurb set of four, on an exchange basis, for around the £350 mark, which seems like a good deal to me?
Has anyone used a company like this or have any recommendations?
thanks

We used FA wheels for my mum's E46 325i and were very impressed. Much more convenient than sending yours away for a refurb.

I was impressed with FA and they only supply original wheels. They carefully checked the wheels they removed. The only gripe we have is that they charged a little bit more as apparently one of our original wheels was buckled so as they have to straighten that for the next customer they pass that cost onto you.

I know when this question has been asked before others have said that they don't like the idea of refurbished / second hand wheels as you don't know the history / provenance. I can sort of see where that argument comes from if your car was new to you. However, if you have a used car you've no real idea on the state of the wheels. So in this sense the refurb service is quite good as FA check the wheels are true & straight and rebalance the wheels. Can't speak for any of the other outfits offering a similar service.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, useful advice / info! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom