alloy wheel repair - Coventry or Banbury

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
Can anyone please recommend an alloy wheel repair workshop in either Coventry or Banbury? I'd ideally like someone very local to these cities to remove courier fees or travel time.

Due to the level of corrosion the workshop will need to have facilities to fully dip and repaint the whole wheel rather than a Smart repair of the face as done by mobile units.

Many thanks and a happy New Year to all.

Lepsons, Swindon - sorry, they're a bit further than Banbury, but they have done three sets of wheels for me and I have no complaints with their workmanship and ability to weld/repair/reface and finish, as required.

Quite happy with the results

P1080275.JPG

P1080285.JPG

P1080283.JPG

P1080287.JPG

P1080276.JPG

P1080286.JPG

That's true but
the finish is the same all way around :)

Nice one. This is a recommendation that could be very useful to me.

Their website does not seem to have much info specific to wheel refurbs, so I have a few questions if you don't mind?|

Were these painted or powsdercoated?

I assume they removed, refitted and balanced the tyres on site as part of the service?

What was the turn around time?

What was the cost?

Thanks
Graham

Their website does not seem to have much info specific to wheel refurbs, so I have a few questions if you don't mind?

Wheel refurbishment is not really their bread and butter. They seem to mostly do car restoration work.

Were these painted or powsdercoated?

My wheels were powder coated, though they do offer painted as well.

I assume they removed, refitted and balanced the tyres on site as part of the service?

Yes they can do that, though they charge £10 extra per wheel.

What was the turn around time?

I dropped off the 4 wheels late Friday afternoon and received the email to say they were ready for collection the following Tuesday morning.

What was the cost?

£50 for powder coated or £100 for painted (plus VAT)

I suppose when you add up the extras and VAT it's not exactly cheap. But the company were recommended to me and they are quite local. So I've no complaints really.

Just to add. The wheels are not 100% perfect. The garage did warn me of the limitations of their (all?) powder coat process.

I was told if I wanted 100% perfect then wet painted with a lacquer finish was the way to go. But that was more money than I was prepared to spend.

£50 a wheel powder coated ?

That's a good price. Though for me, the cost of fuel, there and back twice, would remove most of savings made.

They collect within a 40 ish mile radius of them for £20.

Recommendation

I have used Auto Surgery in Coventry on 4 occasions and their work is really good. I recently got my diamond cut wheels done from them to a very high standard. Give them a go as they also provide high quality bodywork.
:thumb:

ive had a few sets done by "city powder coaters" in bham but the finish is not for the perfectionist.

if you want perfection try Rimfurbish

I used them too, can be a little slow (there is a whole thread on them) but their resuts/work are good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom