Alloy wheels on W203 CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dobbins

Car
C class estate 2006
Hi guys

New today, just bought my first ever Merc. 2006 220CDI estate. Nice car but one or two issues as you'd expect on a car this age. Will post those in the correct category.

However has anyone replaced the spacesaver with a full size 16" alloy?

Looks like it fits in the boot fine and may even use the existing screw down bolt and the existing shaped boot trim above.

Any ideas anyone.

Cheers

Del

Hi & welcome.

If your car has the same sized wheels front and back (many don't) and you can fit another of the same size in the tray, then why not. I've never felt the need though ... the car drives fine on the space saver in an emergency.

[pedant]Your car is an S203 btw - W203 is the saloon :)[/pedant]

Thanks for that BTB. I quite like having a full size one if I can. I have one on my Jag aswell. How does your C230 2.5 go they are nice too. What sort of consumption do you get out of it on average?

None of our cars have a matching spare, but two of them (the C Class and SL) have staggered setups so it wouldn't be possible anyway :D The C has the space saver (which I have used) and the SL has a 16" alloy, the Vito has a 16" steel as the spare (standard from the factory with 17" alloys).

The C230 is nice - V6 sounds good and it's quite nippy. Fuel consumption isn't brilliant ... 25-26 mpg overall and low-mid 30s on a run. But being a lot less desirable than a 220 we got a great deal on it as an Approved Used 3 or 4 years ago, and we've had no issues with it apart from an intermittent error on one door mirror (which they replaced under warranty).

Thanks BTB helpful stuff.
Cheers
Del

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom