Almost taken out by truck on M6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think it may have been LHD drive but I'm not 100% sure.
In many respects he should have taken even more care before moving out if this was the case.

With hindsight I should have slowed down, let him pass then I'd have got his number but I was on the way to pick up an E55. ;)

RHD
No kerbside mirror on top of door frame.

RHD
No kerbside mirror on top of door frame.

That makes it worse then.

To be fair we see bad drivers/riders all across the spectrum of cars, trucks, vans, motor bikes & push bikes.

It's also fair to say that we also see some excellent drivers who show care and courtesy all across the exact same spectrum.

With my incident above it's easy to see how a major accident can occur in a split second due to someone taking their eye off the traffic/situation around them.

I drive a truck for a living it's muppets like that that give us a bad name, that was just a lack of forward planning he must of realised earlier that he was gaining on the truck ahead of him. Markjay my truck has a manual gear box with 12 gears they are still out there , sometimes I'm running at a 100ton so I need everyone one of them to keep the wheels a rolling oh and plenty of forward planning

Last edited:
One question out of everybody who have dash cams how many record sound also???? I personally don't ???

MB Drivers have a saying about AUDIS

Another
Useless
Driver
In
Seat

I've seen a fair few of these in Mercs too... idiots drive all kinds of cars...

I drive a truck for a living it's muppets like that that give us a bad name, that was just a lack of forward planning he must of realised earlier that he was gaining on the truck ahead of him. Markjay my truck has a manual gear box with 12 gears they are still out there , sometimes I'm running at a 100ton so I need everyone one of them to keep the wheels a rolling oh and plenty of forward planning
Agree wholeheartedly,I drive the devils chariot an eight wheeler tipper( only 32t all up),the forward planning,is that your space you give yourself for braking at roundabouts that others see as an invitation to lane one.

Poor driving, and shocking how close the lorry was to the one in front... 14/15 seconds into the footage.

Thought this worth a mention though....

got stopped at traffic light controlled roadworks on the Cat and Fiddle Rd last week.
Arctic, then me in the queue. Sat there for a minute ... until the lights go green. Guy from the Artic. in front, then gives a wave for me to overtake and go through first.
No other reason than he was very courteous.

:)

That was a bit of bad driving from the truck driver.
But.... If you've never driven trucks or heavy vehicles for a living and understand how they work then you really shouldn't comment.
When your max speed is 42mph it's amazing how many bad car drivers there are out there compared to considerate truck drivers!
In general 'us' car drivers are a lot worse than truck drivers, just the trucks are bigger and they scare you more when they do something you don't agree with.

I don't have any doubts that car drivers must often be a nightmare for lorry drivers. I can imagine car drivers pulling in front, braking, not giving enough space etc. Very frustrating I'd imagine.

That said I'm not a lorry driver and I don't even do masses of driving, probably 10-12k a year and yet I have had lorry's pull that same manouevre on me many a time. Just as you're approaching, they indicate and move, usually at the same time. Ok so that trucker may have noted that lane 3 was empty so the camcar driver could move (not that he should have to!!!) but I have seen trucks do this forcing harsh braking.

What happened to three seconds indication, what happened to check the mirrors, the indicator came on when you could see the mirror [that means s/he can see you and s/he still moved out straight away. That would have my blood boiling and may have resulted in me deciding to have a chat with him or her.

Reminds me of this...

Young truckie bashed with fridge by angry boy racers

At the very least you'd want to be talking to the Police, with an attitude like that it is just a matter of time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom