Alot of confusion about 0.3 litres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kylem

Car
Mercedes CLK200 Kompressor
Hi all. I have been really enjoying my time with my CLK, apart from the inevitable electrical problems...

For a joke my friend typed my registration number into a HPI checking website, but we noticed the website thought my car, clearly badged as a CLK 200K was a CLK 230K. Abit confused, I checked my taxbook, and sure enough, it is stated as a CLK230K in that too.

As if all this wasn't confusing enough, confused.com thinks the car is a 200K

So really, what im asking is how can I tell the difference between a 200K and a 230K?

Depends on the model I think. My son has a 2003 clc230k and its 1800 cc but has more power than the 200k, but somr models have a 2.3 litre engine. I may be mistaken

Send me your VIN and i will check with MB epc to see what they think your car is

Post the first 6 numbers of your vin...we can tell from that.

It is also worth noting that at some point in the mid-80' (or there abouts..) MB abandoned the link between model number designation and engine capacity... a C180 could be 1.6L or 1.8L, while a C200 could be 1.8L or 2.0L... :D

Send me your VIN and i will check with MB epc to see what they think your car is

I am getting the car back from the electronics place tomorrow, Ill send you it then. Thanks

It is also worth noting that at some point in the mid-80' (or there abouts..) MB abandoned the link between model number designation and engine capacity... a C180 could be 1.6L or 1.8L, while a C200 could be 1.8L or 2.0L... :D

And our C230 is a 2.5 :)

Wouldn't the Kompressor 230 have a RED panel on the engine cover, near the spark plugs? I know the early Kompressor engines had a red panel on the engine cover but MB stopped it in the later Kompressor engines

Oops, I forgot the CLK had a 200K engine, unlike the W202 that had the naturally aspirated 200. My bad

Wouldn't the Kompressor 230 have a RED panel on the engine cover, near the spark plugs? I know the early Kompressor engines had a red panel on the engine cover but MB stopped it in the later Kompressor engines
i believe this was the 2.3l 230, whereas the 1.8 230s did not have red panel

In the w208, the clk 200 had a two litre engine, and the clk 230 had a 2.3 litre engine. I know later they were named more deceptively in terms of engine size.

The VIN number is WBD2083443F185914

208344 is a 200K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom