Already mapped? [ECU picture]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doc matt

Car
Cls63amg. Turbo d.pipes, decat, Quaife.
I wasn't sure if my car was mapped, other than seeing if the speed limiter was reduced I thought I'd have a look at the ECU.

There looks to be evidence that it's been tampered with as the metal is a little bent where they've tried to separate it?

So I guess it's been mapped then? I know there is plug in mapping and more complex mapping where it's split open.

D5D45AE2-85B3-495A-AAD3-2BD769F1944B_zpsm8tyxvcw.jpg

Yes looks like it's possibly been open, what's your vehicle and engine selection

Was there anything in the way your car drives that lead you to take a look at the ECU?
I'm sure I've read something before regarding drilling the ECU for mapping purposes although this could easily be a myth.
Hopefully one of the traders on here will have a good idea if the pics indicate that it's been opened.

You've set me wondering about mine now!

The reason why is because it's booked into MSL next week for decat and remap. They wanted me to get the serial number off the ECU and let them know before it goes in. I might give them a call. It's a 2012 bi turbo.

Looks fine to me. They don't usually need prising or forcing, just undo the 6 little torx screws and a bit of gentle pressure will get them apart.

As for the drilling, that was in the very early days of the M157 when there was a rumour going around that there were light sensitive components hidden inside it which turned out to be false.

Good news regarding no drilling necessary!

Matt as I have the same car I'd be most interested in your thoughts after the mods have been done.
I'll almost certainly be considering at least a remap come springtime.
Still trying to decide about decat option.
Noise levels are my chief concern.

Hope it all goes smoothly and you drive home with a big satisfied grin!!

The remap has been delayed till Monday. In the meantime I discovered today that the car is limited to 155 (154 exactly). Surely if it was mapped they would have removed the limiter?

Anyway I'll know for sure next week :D

The remap has been delayed till Monday. In the meantime I discovered today that the car is limited to 155 (154 exactly). Surely if it was mapped they would have removed the limiter?

Anyway I'll know for sure next week :D

It's not automatic to remove the limiter, some folks want different things from maps like mid range or low down power not top speed....

Good news regarding no drilling necessary!

Matt as I have the same car I'd be most interested in your thoughts after the mods have been done.
I'll almost certainly be considering at least a remap come springtime.
Still trying to decide about decat option.
Noise levels are my chief concern.

Hope it all goes smoothly and you drive home with a big satisfied grin!!

I just tried to send you a PM mate but said you're not accepting them.

Hi Matt

I think it is because I haven't made sufficient posts yet.
Think you need 30 before you can use the PM system?

Hope all went well, not sure if I'm allowed to put up an email address?

Hi Matt

I think it is because I haven't made sufficient posts yet.
Think you need 30 before you can use the PM system?

Hope all went well, not sure if I'm allowed to put up an email address?

Send a blank one to my works email and I'll reply
[email protected]

Have you been for the remap and decat yet?

Yes.

The ECU had definitely been messed with by the previous owner and a bit hap hazardly to say the least. This was a right ball ache for MSL doing the map and ended up having the car for a further 24 hours. Acid gave me his own car so I had wheels to get home [Superb customer service may I add]

They ended up having to wipe the whole thing then start all over again. Extra hours and hours of work yet they never asked me for more money. I certainly got a great deal.

I have to say these chaps really know their stuff and are streets ahead of the competition.

I haven't actually driven it yet but will report back :cool:

Didn't want to say but yes you can tell it's been tampered with.

Did you go with the decat or downpipes?

Forget my last question, seen you've done the decat and it's delivered great results. I spoke with Imran about this option a couple of weeks ago and he wanted to do it on mine. I'll definitely get it done next week when I go back to finish the map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom