Amazing performance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is a really nice car... makes a change from the usual AMG.

I am assuming the emphasis was on refined luxury and effortless smooth progress rather than harsh ride and all-out performance.... more of a Bentley than an Aston?

Selling with no reserve having spent £5k on it?

Not a great MoT history either...

Sounds a bit dodge...

Last edited by a moderator:
"but I will be please to take you myself for a test ride"

No. I can understand not wanting to let some 17 year old rag it but if I came to look at it I would be driving it or walking away.

It's done no miles in the 3 years he's owned it
Clearly he doesn't know the MoT history is available online

I think its 500hp as standard, the Maybach he is quoting at 550+ ran a higher boost setting than the CL engine, might have been a few other differences but I cant recall.

I ran a 54 plate one of these for a few years (sold it last November) & the performance is amazing - certainly higher than the 500bhp quoted which was purely to keep the CL55 AMG owners happy as their engine was quoted as 500bhp. In reality the 600 was quicker - also helped by a greater torque output (590 lb ft v 519 lb ft). The car in the ad is one of the very first facelift cars to feature the bi-turbo engine & my immediate concerns [as it's covered so few miles] would be that it's got a problem with the ABC - we've had numerous threads on how expensive that can be, or, the engine needs new coil packs which from Mercedes are approx. 1k each (it has two coil packs each supplying 12 spark plugs, remember this is a twin spark 24 plug car!). Also at that age numerous problems can arise if water gets into the boot and hits any of the SAM units located there. Regarding the Maybach with the same engine, I could be wrong but I always had it had more power owing to a freer flowing exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom