AMG 3 Hour Basic Training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShaneyB

Car
C43 AMG Premium Plus
Hi all,
just booked my training at Brooklands and thought I'd ask what you thought of the experience and also what car to choose? I've provisionally booked the C63 for 13th April 2017.

Also trying to get my son on one of the experiences. Any recommendations??

Cheers

Hi I did my training at the end of October and thoroughly enjoyed it, I have a C63 saloon and the team matched me to a C63 saloon, and matched most people to their cars for example one owner had a C63S Coupe and that's what he drove.

The only difference was two "43" drivers, one with an SLC ended up in a SL63 and a guy with a GLC43 drove an A45 (I think) for the 4-wheel drive experience.

The tutors also said they may get "43" models for the academy once owners had got their ordered cars.

I would have thought that given the 4wd system on the C43 it would be best if they could match you with a C43 nearer the date.

The whole session was a hoot though!!

RR

I did mine yesterday in a C63s. Session booked for 1:30. Was on track by 1:50. Had a 20min break half way through and finished at 4. Had a brilliant time on the North circuit.

Sounds great and they have said I can change which car I drive if I want to.

To be honest I'm not really bothered which car :thumb:.

Thanks guys.

Hi,
We visited Brooklands in July and asked if there were any experiences available for that day.
My wife and I both got to drive the CLS63S rwd 585hp - it was really great on the wet handling circuit going around sideways!
We bought the USB sticks with the videos - so can compare my driving with my wife's more sedate laps!
It was an amazing experience - especially things like max acceleration followed by max braking - you could really step on each pedal without fear of cost if something broke!
image.jpg
Cheers
Steve

Last edited:

Cheers

Assuming your son has passed his Driving Test, then a an AMG60 - an hour in a 'normal' AMG - would be a great way to introduce him to driving the cars on the handling circuit and low/high grip dynamic areas. C63, E63, CLS63, 'S' models of each, or an E63 Estate are all available. Or an A45 if not being used for ABT that day.

Premium cars cost a little more (depending on vehicle requested), but C63S Coupe, SL63 and of course GTS are all available.

If he's not yet passed his test, then driving lessons onsite are available in A- & B-Class cars, manual or auto.

Thanks R1NGA,
He'll be 14 when we go and would just love to be in a car driven properly. I'll see what packages are available on that day and get him booked in.

Cheers

Thanks R1NGA,
He'll be 14 when we go and would just love to be in a car driven properly. I'll see what packages are available on that day and get him booked in.

Cheers

If he's over 1.5m tall he can certainly drive an ML/GLE offroad and possibly an A/B-Class as well. Then of course he he wants to be DRIVEN properly, he could have a Passenger Ride in one of the AMG's.

If he's over 1.5m tall he can certainly drive an ML/GLE offroad and possibly an A/B-Class as well. Then of course he he wants to be DRIVEN properly, he could have a Passenger Ride in one of the AMG's.

I'm going to book him for a few teenage driving lessons next year for his birthday so I think I'll let him go in the AMG for the experience.

How much are the 3hr ones.. looks great

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

According to the brochures on the tables at the academy the 3 hour basic AMG training is £1500.

Hi,
That's a vastly over inflated price to make you think that you have got some amazing deal!
Our morning drives of the CLS63 on all the circuits cost around £200 each (if I remember properly!!)
Cheers
Steve

According to the brochures on the tables at the academy the 3 hour basic AMG training is £1500.

A 3hr 'Half-Day' is broadly £450-500, regardless of whether it's labelled AMG Basic Training (the one you get for free when you buy a car) or a Half-Day AMG Experience. Same cars, same place, same benefit and experience in practical terms I think. A normal AMG Hour is between £165-200, depending on the time of day (First or Last is cheaper).

Hi all,
just booked my training at Brooklands and thought I'd ask what you thought of the experience and also what car to choose? I've provisionally booked the C63 for 13th April 2017.

Cheers

Hi ShaneyB, I see you have a new C43 like us, did you pay for this basic training or get it included in your deal?

I called MB World and asked them.

They sent me an email asking me to call for dates and arranged it over the phone.

Simples.

On this 3 hour training I only get one car to drive - no choice.

You certainly get a choice of different cars (or even trying off-road for that matter) on a non-ABT 3hr experience, depending on availability, which is typically best during the week of course.

I did the last one in an E63 Estate.

While its fun (and free!)I'm not sure I really learned anything.

You certainly get a choice of different cars (or even trying off-road for that matter) on a non-ABT 3hr experience, depending on availability, which is typically best during the week of course.

Sorry, worded wrong.

I can choose now but can't switch cars on the day. That's what I have been told by MBW.

Sorry, worded wrong.

I can choose now but can't switch cars on the day. That's what I have been told by MBW.

OK, understood. I think you're right, although there may be some flexibility on the day in question, if other vehicles are available and the team are able to accommodate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom