AMG 53 Range

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
V6 plus mild hybrid system, 48v electrics, reduced turbo lag, better fuel economy, lower emissions, great performance and driveability (apparently!)
What more do you need to know!!!

when are they taking order's. lol.

local dealer didn't even know about them, told me he would call me back.

There's a salesman from a dealer on the forum called JBM or something, try posting in his 'what do you want to know' thread.

BTW, I think that you might have got away with referring to anything with less than 8 cylinders in the AMG thread!

cheers mate

LOL to 8 cylinders

V6 plus mild hybrid system, 48v electrics, reduced turbo lag, better fuel economy, lower emissions, great performance and driveability (apparently!)
What more do you need to know!!!

Think you will find it has the new in-line 6 cylinder engine.

Yep IL6. And they are not exactly brilliant on the economy side of things either considering it’s a mild
hybrid. Still if they had made an e53 w213 estate I would have bought it!

451 bhp hardly seems enough in the German power race that seems never ending. But I think there is an AMG bespoke sort of cls coming which I imagine will return to bonkers!

451 bhp hardly seems enough in the German power race that seems never ending. But I think there is an AMG bespoke sort of cls coming which I imagine will return to bonkers!
But 560+lbs/ft of torque will certainly feel AMG strong I suspect.....

I understand that there will be no 63 version of the CLS, E coupe or cabriolet so the 53 models will be it. Don't believe they're one man one engine jobs either.

RR

I didn't think 2018 would be the year the Mercedes V8 would disappear from the regular AND AMG range. Honestly thought it would be more like 2028 and was hoping it would be 2038...

I didn't think 2018 would be the year the Mercedes V8 would disappear from the regular AND AMG range. Honestly thought it would be more like 2028 and was hoping it would be 2038...

V8's are sooo not disappearing from the AMG range anytime soon, it's just that other technologies are being introduced, driven by legislation, the market and natural progress. All the premier brands are doing the same, as it's fundamentally market and customer led. A lot of investment has been made in the M177/178 etc power-unit and I am certain it will continue to evolve alongside the newer technologies. I suspect however that AMG has more bent-8 flag-wavers and supporters than any other premier German manufacturer, whom I am sure will continue to enjoy V8 models for many years to come. Just don't be surprised to see a PHEV AMG at some point in the future :)

Never said the V8 would disappear, far from it the 4.0 TT V8 is going from strength to strength in the '63' models, such as the C63, GLC63, E63, AMG GT etc, etc, and will be replacing the 5.5 Biturbo engine in other models. It's even made an appearance in a non-AMG car the S560 coupe and of course Mercedes-AMG are supplying the engine to Aston Martin and I guess it will be the mainstay of the new Vantage range.

So there's lot's of life left in the M177/178 V8, indeed nearly all manufacturers (Porsche for example) are copying the hot V design for their new V8's too.

I felt it was a shame that the M152 NA V8 from the R172 SLK55AMG was discarded after just 3 years.

RR

There's a salesman from a dealer on the forum called JBM or something, try posting in his 'what do you want to know' thread.

BTW, I think that you might have got away with referring to anything with less than 8 cylinders in the AMG thread!

JBD.

Secondly, it’s an inline 6, to whoever called it a V6 earlier

They’re June production I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep IL6. And they are not exactly brilliant on the economy side of things either considering it’s a mild
hybrid. Still if they had made an e53 w213 estate I would have bought it!

The E50 saloon and estate are out in the summer. Watch this space...

Not sure where you got that from.....these are just entry level AMG’s

Not 100% sure yet!

Ha, interesting though

Maybe I’ll just go ahead with the Brabus upgrade on mine !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom