AMG Alloys and Caliper Colour Change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclone1

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W218 CLS63 S AMG
After months of deliberating over buying new alloys, I decided to have my OEM alloys fully refurbished and coloured differently.

As they are diamond cut I didn't want them diamond cut again, this is mainly due to the risk of them not lasting long regardless of how well they are done. I decided on a dark anthracite with coarse flake and light shadow chrome dusting for the main body of the alloy and silver with shadow chrome overlay for the diamond cut face. The other option was a polished aluminium finish.

As a treat I also had my calipers stripped and recoloured. I wanted a deep candy orange with a hint of red and for the AMG lettering I had that done in the same dark anthracite of the alloy. The calipers were reassembled and new brake fluid added. I'd also bought new front and rear pads but didn't have them fitted as the old ones were still fine. Two new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's were fitted to the front alloys.

I also bought 3 sets of centre caps as wasn't sure what colour would suit the alloy. They are Carbon black, carbon silver and silver. For now I have gone with the black ones.

I am really impressed with the end result and the quality of the job. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but think it lifts the car and keeps it looking classy.

Jules.
IMG_6584.JPG

IMG_6585.JPG

IMG_6582.JPG

IMG_6587.JPG

IMG_6588.JPG

IMG_6586.JPG

IMG_6487.JPG

IMG_5203.JPG

IMG_5204.JPG

IMG_6583.JPG

What a truly professional finish. Excellent job.

very nice, you obviously have masses of patience.

Looks like a great job. I wouldn't fancy doing all that masking! Do they have a special technique for getting a sharp edge even on the curves?

Looks like a great job, how long did it all take?

It took four days to do. Lots of preparation but well worth it.

The guy that did the work was great, very professional, kept me fully informed with loads of photos of progress and importantly colour checks, to make sure it was as close as possible to what I wanted. Can't fault that.

very nice, you obviously have masses of patience.

Lol - I wish I could do a job as good as this.

The guy who did the work did say the masking out is very intricate and time consuming, but the effort and end result speak for themselves.

Really like that colour. I am debating changing my OEM wheels for some aftermarket ones but after seenin what you done think im staying OEM

Really like that colour. I am debating changing my OEM wheels for some aftermarket ones but after seenin what you done think im staying OEM

I have to be honest, I didn't like the OEM alloys when I bought the car as they are a bit bland. But on seeing other diamond cut alloys with more of a colour contrast, e.g. Darker main body of the wheel, it got me thinking these would look much better like that. I'm happy with the result, still looks OEM, but fresher.

They look superb!!!!

Love the calipers!

Have you considered Edition One centre caps? I think black or dark grey, or even silver with a black top would look great on these fantastic wheels.

Have you considered Edition One centre caps? I think black or dark grey, or even silver with a black top would look great on these fantastic wheels.

No I hadn't considered them before. I've just done a quick search and see they are the raised type, not sure I prefer them over the flush fitting ones.

Reactions: GLK
Them wheels look awesome :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom