AMG Alloys and Caliper Colour Change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have sent you a pm.

Jules
Replied, many thanks

Hi Mate, the work on both your wheels and calipers is excellent!!

I've just pm'd you a question....think I've done it correctly..

I’m 50/50 on the caliper colour but love the alloys Jules.

How’re you getting on with the CLS?

I’m 50/50 on the caliper colour but love the alloys Jules.

How’re you getting on with the CLS?
Love it.

I knew as standard it wasn't enough compared to my previous 219 CLS55 and was lacking a little in performance and sound. But had this rectified via MSL as soon as I bought it (it was delivered to MSL).

Now all sorted it's a brilliant car. By no means a sports car but a classy looking, high powered beast of a car. Wouldn't say it's the most comfy as I do not like the seats, it also rides a little firmer than the 219 CLS even in comfort mode.

I need to sort the lowering out though as it just doesn't sit as well as the 219 CLS did, but will work on this next. Currently has H&R fronts and link rears, so will tweak the rear first.

Jules

Cyclone your cls63 is looking just perfect now. You can sit back and relax and be pleased with what you’ve done.

By the way I kerbed my new vossens last Sunday on the my own kerb outside my own house. Dumbass award goes to me!

Cyclone your cls63 is looking just perfect now. You can sit back and relax and be pleased with what you’ve done.

By the way I kerbed my new vossens last Sunday on the my own kerb outside my own house. Dumbass award goes to me!

I just hate that grinding noise.....ouch

Your Vossens look great, I nearly pulled the trigger on a set on a couple of occasions, but didn't. Still love the VFS2's and VFS5's, nearly all of them look great. But I think any future spend will have to be under the bonnet....

By the way I kerbed my new vossens last Sunday on the my own kerb outside my own house. Dumbass award goes to me![/QUOTE]

A few years back I managed to kerb a brand new set of Blitz alloys on my SupraTT.
Like you I did this in my own road which somehow added to the despair:wallbash:

Still tempted By the Vossens, the ones I like are the CV4's, can't decide between graphite and silver.
Now Jules has got his OEM's looking so good it reminds that refurb is also an option.

I had my sons Scooter stripped and resprayed by Dan, it was originally white with red details, so an almost total colour change. My son thinks it’s a brand new scooter and I’ll let him think that for a few more days, until he realises his “old” one is no longer in the garage haha!

44DE430F-EA53-4B15-A54C-5010B16B7A15.jpeg

2BEF60C2-C319-4C1C-B553-44C949EF8CCC.jpeg 3C22EEF6-0FCF-4E9C-B718-9E415B12BDD4.jpeg I’ve just had the alloys re-furnished but this time have gone for a diamond cut finish. So selected a deep anthracite base to allow the diamond cut faces to really stand out. I’m really happy with how they look. I’d previously had them painted instead of powder coat and the finish was incredible. But after more than two years, small marks were appearing which I guess were down to road debris / tiny stones hitting the surface whilst driving. I also want the car looking stunning for when it’s sold.

The car hasn’t been washed nor the alloys, so will post some better pics once done.

Jules

Interesting to know how long the paint lasted over powder coating ... plus prodcuts have moved on som they can guarantee the finish on diamond cut for longer now ... both options look great, however I think is largely down to the calipers. Great colour choice. Ive thought of doing mine but didn’t want the ‘pretend ceramics’ comments by opting for the AMG burnt copper finish ... your unique choice looks superb ...

If you haven’t sold, why are thinking of letting it go?

I'm embarrassed. My calipers I painted aluminium from a rattle can lidl £2.75. 😁😁

Interesting to know how long the paint lasted over powder coating ... plus prodcuts have moved on som they can guarantee the finish on diamond cut for longer now ... both options look great, however I think is largely down to the calipers. Great colour choice. Ive thought of doing mine but didn’t want the ‘pretend ceramics’ comments by opting for the AMG burnt copper finish ... your unique choice looks superb ...

If you haven’t sold, why are thinking of letting it go?
Had the car three and a half years which is the longest I’ve owned a car. I’ve done everything that I wanted done with it to get it to the standard it’s at and it’s been amazing.

Love the caliper colour! Do you know if the AMG lettering is painted on or if its a decal under the clear coat?

I was really anal about finding the right person / company to do this job. The place I used was recommended so I contacted the owner and was very happy with his knowledge, honesty and attention to detail.

I am very impressed with the end result.

The company called Dan Merrin Wheels based in the East Midlands.

www.danmerrinwheels.co.uk

Instagram - Dan Merrin Wheels - Nottingham (@danmerrinwheels) • Instagram photos and videos

Jules
They’ve never turned up on Google searches so thatnk you for sharing. Looks like they remove and refit too which is exactly what I’m after, and not too far from me which is a bonus.

How did the finish hold up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom