AMG Badges Continued.... SL R129!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KMA880

Car
Mercedes Benz SL320 Edition
Guys,

The silver SL320 is out of the garage with all new AMG bodykit and 2 piece split rims. I am however getting these strange urges that i'm trying to resist but a voice is telling me to stick the AMG badge on the back....!

I know its been discussed before on the forum... I know I'm somewhat posing... My other Sl320 Edition in Blue is already debadged but i cannot help it... The silver one feels naked... Worst still i want to add the following...

"SL32" - "AMG" (V6 badges on the side grills) ;-)

Somebody on the forum provide me with some confidence or reassurance or give to me cold and simple...?

Kash

Last edited:
If you want to stick an AMG badge on there, go ahead if it makes you happy :)

The SL32 badging would however look completely naff IMO :/

Do it because everyone knows that as soon as you stick an AMG badge on the boot, it adds 50bhp.

I may be about to be a bit controversial – and seeing as I haven’t been around too long I’ll keep it civil.

I have no problem with people ‘individualising’ their cars – variety is the spice of life and all that, painting wheels, grills, changing the odd part and fitting body kits is all fair game, but I am afraid I don’t like ‘re-badging’. If your car has AMG elements to it or AMG design input, then fair enough stick an AMG badge on it and wear it with pride.
But if it doesn’t have an AMG engine don’t badge it like one that does.

I have similar problems (they are after all, my problems) with M Division badged BMWs – anyone who knows cars knows that the a 318i badged as an M3 that is sat in front of them in traffic isn’t, and all it screams as far as I am concerned is ‘Muppet’.

Your car I’m sure looks fantastic; it doesn’t need any additional addenda to proclaim it as something it is not.

AMG badge,sure why not but please don`t put the SL32

The thing is the AMG badge on its own looks odd - i'd rather then remove it all and have it debadged....

Alternatively :) The AMG kit on my Blue Edition was installed by the factory when new and that has a small AMG badge by the grill at the front... understated and not so much in your face....?

I have similar problems (they are after all, my problems) with M Division badged BMWs – anyone who knows cars knows that the a 318i badged as an M3 that is sat in front of them in traffic isn’t

I could be worse though,spotted a 318 the other day and it was M3,Alpina as well as AC SHNITZER or whatever is called :doh:

From the few answers i have received, i have decided to be sensible and go with the debadge look.... Images to follow this weekend...

Thanks guys for the sanity check!

Don't do it. It's an SL320 - should be badged as that, or debadged.

Debadged!!!

Hi Bill,

Long time no hear, it has the same rims as your one but the general consensus is what i had predicted - debadged!

:bannana:

Debadging this Sunday Morning

Apologies about the low-res image but proceeding with the de-badging tomorrow morning.

Will aim to take some pics of a before and after shot...

K

Attachments

• photo(11).JPG
    photo(11).JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 87
Just my two pennys worth but in any of these types of situations be it Msport or AMG badging those that know their cars will know it isnt the high performance edition and think you are a bit of an idiot. Those that don't know their cars it will go straight over their heads. The upshot being you won't be impressing anyone. I reckon you have made the right decision.

Car is looking good!

Obviously I'm biased ;) but I think those wheels are the tops on the R129.

How much for tyres out of curiosity chaps (compared to standard size 17" wheels)?

How much for tyres out of curiosity chaps (compared to standard size 17" wheels)?

Not too bad. Mine are Dunlop SP Sport 01 MO (Mercedes specific), and were about £600 for a set ... although that was 4 years ago. Sizes are 245/40 R18 (front), 275/35 R18 (rear).

The wheels are the expensive bit :D (that's if you can find a set).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom