AMG Economy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c63chris

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL63 + BMW 335d Touring
As some of you know I have just bought an A45 AMG. This replaced a C350 CDI which was a response to my C63. I went back to AMG in the A45 in part because I felt I could live with the economy better, I averaged 15mpg with my C63 which was a pain refuelling all the time. I only have 750 miles on the clock after today's run but though people would be interested in the mpg on a long run. I do this for work and by comparison the C350 would do 46mpg on this run with the C63 doing 22. Really pleased with it as hopefully this will get better as the miles go on the engine :)

Attachments

• image-2435513733.jpg
    image-2435513733.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 143
Impressive!! Better then i get most days in my c220 cdi!

The A Class is just a superb chassis all round. The A45 AMG I want badly, I just have no place for it in my life unfortunately.

Currently got a A200 CDi AMG Sport or whatever it is for a few weeks and it's just such a brilliant car in every way.

STEALTH BLACK said:
Impressive!! Better then i get most days in my c220 cdi!

To be honest this was gentle motorway driving. Well as gentle as it gets in the South East. M23, M25, M11 then A14. Mix of sat at the limit and maybe a bit more:) and queuing for roadworks and the Dartford Tunnel. I used the comparison with the C63 and C350 to put it into context but for the performance of the car I think the economy is pretty good:). I would expect a C220 to be doing significantly more in the same circumstances.

BFT said:
The A Class is just a superb chassis all round. The A45 AMG I want badly, I just have no place for it in my life unfortunately. Currently got a A200 CDi AMG Sport or whatever it is for a few weeks and it's just such a brilliant car in every way.

I wanted one from the moment I read the press release but looking at your fleet I don't think you are missing out. This one though handles very well and makes the C350 feel like a barge in comparison.

A45 - lovely car.

Post up some photos of it.

A guy down the road from me in Richmond has an A45 AMG and I was surprised that the noise it made when it flew past the other day was quite "ok" .... but not sure that I will be giving up the V8 all the time I do few miles! Every one of those expensive miles , even the slow ones, is a pleasure in the C63 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom