Amg Front Bumper Skin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

donruffd

Car
56 C180K Evolution S Coupe
I Have a amg fornt bumper but i didnt realise that there is no washer holes on the front, but i have jets on my car.

Has anybody from experience or knowledge attempted or cut in washer holes in their bumper??

I talked about this with The Dent Guy. He was considering the same thing depending on what bumper he could find.
Should be possible - if your acurate. But I cant remember if the hinge for the washer flap is on the inner or outer bumper. If its on the outer skin then you'd need to rivet hinges on yourself - if they're available??

Mine didn't have washers but the bumper I got did. So the washer covers are just glued in place.

Jay.

Pretty sure hinges are in inner bumper, which should make things easier.

Pretty sure hinges are in inner bumper, which should make things easier.

On the W203 the hinges / mounting are actually on the outer bumper skin. The bumper reinforcement is actually generic for all models so has the cutouts for Parktronic and the washer holes in place. The bumper skins are the only things that vary.

On the W203 the hinges / mounting are actually on the outer bumper skin. The bumper reinforcement is actually generic for all models so has the cutouts for Parktronic and the washer holes in place. The bumper skins are the only things that vary.

Strange, because when I upgraded to HID lamps and enquired about washing system, was told that I had to change the inner as well (you can tell I haven't retro'd this yet...:crazy:).

Strange, because when I upgraded to HID lamps and enquired about washing system, was told that I had to change the inner as well (you can tell I haven't retro'd this yet...:crazy:).

Nope IIRC although there are a number of different types (& lots of part no's!) the inner re-inforcement definitely the same in terms of having holes for headlamp wash and parktronic. I went through a fair number of inserts to get the right one when I did my AMG bodykit retrofit.

Out of interest (sorry for the hijack:eek:) what exactly is needed for a front bumper retro? Guessing outer bumper + grills? Thinking that the foglamps and park-sensor (& park sensor trim) the same?

Thanks

Out of interest (sorry for the hijack:eek:) what exactly is needed for a front bumper retro? Guessing outer bumper + grills? Thinking that the foglamps and park-sensor (& park sensor trim) the same?

Thanks

Bumper skin (with / without washer holes)
3 x Grilles & grille clips
Fog lights

Impact strips swap over from your exisiting bumper

You may also need to change the bumper re-inforcement - think that this is a definite requirement for Avantgarde models. Also possibility you need to do this as AMG bumpers from 2005 onward are not compatible with bumper parts pre 2005.

Optional:

Number plate plinth (think the AMG bumper uses a different version)

Hope this makes sense...

There are some long threads on this forum about retrofitting AMG bumpers onto W203 chassis ;) ...

For the coupe, the AMG bumper mod is a easier for pre-facelift models.

Pre facelift uses the same rails, backing skin and pads.

For the facelift though, you'd need...

Inner bumper/skin
left and right absorbing pads
Rails
fogs
lower grills
plate mount
And Obviously an AMG bumper:)

wow this sounds like a lot of work...im gonna go to the workshop on monday and take a pic og my cracked bumper and its your opinions on whether it can be repaired or i should cut through my spare coupe bumper

Dont forget the parktronic holes if you have parktronic (another combination of possible part numbers !)

R

If it where as simple as pre-facelift is partnumber X and post is partnumber Y I would eventually purchase as I really really want it but......

But from what I've read it's Y but you might need Y1 or Y2 or Y3.....:eek:
Then it's Avantgarde needs to change different things when compared to other models (that look exactly the same from the outside)...:eek::eek::eek:

of course it is even further hampered by the fact that I'm looking for one 2nd hand (buying new would make things easier, but I can't justify the price (at least not to my wife.;)).

I bought a facelift complete AMG bumper from a dismantler -it was a straight swap for my pre-facelift standard bumper, with no complications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom