AMG GTR Fastest lap in Nurburgring...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nico2014

Car
W204 C220 CDI sport, W204 C350 CDI Sport, W212 E350 CDI Sport and Now E63 AMG 6.3 AMG PP
Hi folks,

Just found a new video of the amazing AMG GTR performing a hot lap in Nurburgring in just 7:10:92!

The grip this car has in corners is simply outstanding and the sound it makes is simply awesome... The tyres they used were Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 (in case anyone wants to know...) - here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AtXzca-zSY

Impressive video, I saw a GT in Southampton last week a very good looking car.

Porsche held the saloon car record with the Panamera until Alfa came along with a Giulia QF and went round in 7:32, I wonder how the C63 would compare against it on the ring?

Interesting all the shifting was done automatically.

3:20 gets overtaken :D

I too was very surprised about the automatic shifting. The car that took over was a gt3 Amg. I realise by watching this video how good the driver has to be. One slight error, that is it. In fact I watched another video where an Amg gt3 crashed in the same circuit 7 months ago and despite the car going upside down crashing against the barrier, the driver got out in one piece. Amazing safety technology from Mercedes...

What is even more amazing is that time is quicker than a 488 Fezza!
I know the GT is quick but to be quicker than a focused mid engined super car is unreal.
How much down to different drivers we don't know though.

I found on my new SL it's better to drive without using the paddles, you can concentrate more on the road rather than the dials, think the rev band comes up quicker on the bi turbos? Anyway I find it no quicker so just use sport or sport +

Pretty sure the downshifts were manual. You can see him using the left paddle. (check out the right-hand bends and see his finger tapping the down paddle) Up shifts appeared to be all automatic though.

Impressive video, I saw a GT in Southampton last week a very good looking car.

Porsche held the saloon car record with the Panamera until Alfa came along with a Giulia QF and went round in 7:32, I wonder how the C63 would compare against it on the ring?

7:45 for the Blackseries.

The Alfa time is recorded by Alfa, I wouldn't trust it.

whats amazing is that the amg gtr is over a minute quicker than a standard c63. Man how fast is this thing. and only 2 seconds slower than a 4wd gtr!

7:45 for the Blackseries.

The Alfa time is recorded by Alfa, I wouldn't trust it.

As in you think the Alfa might be modified? The video is on YouTube to prove the time and its amazing to watch.

As in you think the Alfa might be modified? The video is on YouTube to prove the time and its amazing to watch.

Yes, I'm just pointing out that manufacturers are notorious for cheating. Many manufacturers will run non-stand tyres or cut down tyres. They'll set the suspension up specifically for the ring and tune the car (especially on a turbo). I'm sure the video on youtube is real but the car is unlikely to be the same as one that you or I can buy.

If you want to compare like for like then look at SportAuto times. They are all about setting comparably laptimes and they're not affiliated with a manufacturer.

That is a really impressive lap! The car seems to have huge front-end grip and turns in so readily. You can hear the front tyres squeal on a couple of occasions in higher speed corners but, apart from that, it just follows the wheel

As underwhelmed as I am with modern Mercedes, I have to say I am bit speechless after watching the video

Nick Froome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom