AMG in hiding ... safest place for it!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanD

Car
CLS55 AMG IWC
Well the paintshop rang earlier to say that the C55 was locked in the oven, which was locked in the paintshop, which was locked in their yard! They all buggered off early on police advice.

Hopefully safer than sitting on my drive, but fingers crossed, so far so good tonight .. all quiet on West London's streets .........

:thumb:

Haha .. umm .. yeah! ;)

Nervous wait to see how good a job they've done later ....

PC Wind and Rain keeping a lid on things at the mo in the North West.

ya i hope the bad weather may calm the madness unfolding

i say some very disturbing videos and images of people GETTING HURT

this morning madness is all i can say

can wait for a few pictures of the new paint job

Really glad I put my cars into storage before leaving for Russia!

The riots are well covered here in Russia and the general opinion here is why are the police not doing something more serious to stop it! Rioting in Moscow (hardly ever happens, but when it does) is met with FORCE, including bullets.... If only...

yes but use of more force to stop riots should have happened asap when it started to nip it in the bud

at least some nice cars are safe not like the few mercedes i see in pictures new and old burned out

as on 13 year old boy said were only steeling from the rich and the owner of his burned out car saying i works for years to get that

Yay ... picked it up at last! Have to say, from what I can see, it does look like a great job. Was reassuring to see that they deal with a lot of high end brands too ... Ferrari, Porshe, etc. Full strip down instead of lazy masking up and a good eye for colour. Even got a pot of the mix as a touch-up kit, which was nice to have thrown in.

Am relieved things have settled down a bit - having an almost new S Class on the drive with vandals and theives roaming free across London wasn't helping the worry levels any!

AlanD, Could you please post some pics of the job? I want to get mine done too, so if you could PM me a rough price of what you paid and for what work (and where) it would be much appreciated. I'm thinking of using a place I know in Willesden.

AlanD, Could you please post some pics of the job? I want to get mine done too, so if you could PM me a rough price of what you paid and for what work (and where) it would be much appreciated. I'm thinking of using a place I know in Willesden.

Hi there - the car's a bit dirty unfortunately, so I couldn't really get any decent pics. Haven't had time for a clean up this weekend. PM me your email if you want me to send over what I have anyway. To be honest, you won't spot anything in the pics .. I can't see any difference at the moment!

I was impressed by the job they did so far and they've obviously used to and happy with prestige cars. Enthusiastic and keen to talk about the job - always a good sign! My job was less straightforward than it could have been - the rear arch had had some damage before as they found filler when they prepped it, so had to clean all that out, rivet and pull out the damage and make perfect the shape again. I can't see any evidence at all right now.

So, on first glance, I'm happy to recommend them:

J B Vehicle Body Repairers
43 Waterloo Road
Uxbridge
UB8 2QX

If you see them soon, mention the C55 they just did! ;) I don't know how much it cost as it was all done on the insurance by a claims company, so they managed the whole process. I had a quote from my local paintshop for about £700-800, though that may have increased when if they stripped it down and had to make the arch right.

FYI, if you want another recommendation, I've used these guys 2 or 3 times on various cars and been very happy with the results:

Fix Auto Ruislip
Reservoir Road
Ruislip
HA4 7TT

They both are long established businesses run by staff with enthusiasm and care - not the usual fly-by-night wideboys that you find in the chains! They won't quote to do half jobs where the car isn't fully stripped down and prepped, so you won't get the silly low quotes that invite trouble. I doubt you'll go far wrong with either. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom