AMG logo brain teaser

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

miro

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 slightly modified
I noticed that the AMG logo has thick stripes which become thinner as they get closer to the word AMG.

Does anyone know what the stripes represent ? Answer after 20 posts or sooner !

Attachments

• 91197_amg.lede.jpg
    91197_amg.lede.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 215
Stripping down weight for performance

it represents the decreasing amount of tread left on your tyres after some enthusiastic starts!

The stripes rust away with age. The thickest one lasts the longest. I think I read somewhere it's one stripe per year.

My boring guess is that it's engine/mechanical related. Prolly something to do with pistons or something :)

I know that the logo has been growing these strips/bars/lines whatever over the last 100years. AMG actually stands for Aufrecht Melcher Grossapach which are the names of the inventors of the AMG and something about where the first one was built.

It used to be plain (no stripes), now it has five but I recall versions with three stripes. AMG was founded in the 60s so could each stripe represent a decade in the company's existence?

hmmmm....

They represent the extensive German knowledge...on the control and use of a ruler within the realms of geometry.

Has to be somthing to do with the merger? I always prefer the old skool like, like the current HWA logo.

Ever noticed how alike the Alpine logo is to the AMG one?

No doubt the 5 slats are somthing along the same line:

img_brand_index_01.gif

They represent the extensive German knowledge...on the control and use of a ruler within the realms of geometry.

HWA / AMG is all about racing so the thickness of the lines represents the dopler effect and changing wavelength of the sound waves of a racing car going past the observer. First high pitch (narrow) then transitions to low pitch (wide).

It is a very clever logo because it embraces all the elements of the company and its history (and depreciation).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom