AMG logo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zoros

Car
SL55 AMG
Can someone enlighten me about the "A" in the AMG saga please?

Some talk about it slanting towards the M and others about it slanting away from the M??
What's going on?

It's supposed to say "My Other Car Is A MG" but it wouldn't fit on the boot...

The AMG logo changed slightly a couple of years ago, very subtle.

Google images AMG logo

Why the concern?

Just curious. I heard one story that AMG had trademarked their original logo with the A slanting away from the M. Only those showing this trait can be used to describe a proper AMG.......................

Now I'll get back to counting the rivets underneath the bunk bed in my cell..........

AMG Private Lounge Members,

As many of you have noticed, Mercedes-AMG has re-designed the AMG logo.

In an exciting move, AMG is now being recognized as the fourth brand within the Mercedes-Benz cars group, right beside Mercedes-Benz, Maybach and smart. With this new positioning, we have created a new brand identity. The new brand identity of AMG is confident, sovereign and also it´s a perfect consensus between integration and differentiation within Mercedes Benz Cars.

The new brand identity is characterized by a pure look, valuable brand appearance and appealing headlines. This way AMG achieves a high attention and brand awareness.

In this context the "white space" plays a vital role. In order to focus all attention on our product, it is presented in a white environment. Clear focus on the essential. Without distraction.

This maximum product staging is combined with striking communication. With the choice of Corpo A as font, Mercedes-Benz is always visualized and we achieve maximum recognition. Furthermore we have adapted the AMG logo slightly: the new "A" closes the visual gap and makes the logo more emblematic. This will strengthen the visual brand identity.

The interaction of the three elements product = emotion, communication = typography and white = space gives our brand its independent, concise and unique character. Exactly what distinguishes any of our vehicles.

Warmest Regards,
AMG Information

This must deserve a plain english award for the most prolixitous, verbose dialogue to describe three letters - ever!
Thanks

This must deserve a plain english award for the most prolixitous, verbose dialogue to describe three letters - ever!
Thanks

What does "prolixitous" mean?

'Old' logo:
9qcnq0.jpg

New logo:
x4m4o0.jpg

Hardly new, it changed nearly 6 years ago!

Wow, that must have been taxing for the graphics department...

No, they would have outsourced the work to an image consultancy ;)

So in 2008, all AMG badges changed slightly?

Yep, also the standard typeface on new MB models changed just over a year ago to a more '3D' version. Eg: CLA

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom