AMG Logo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S30MSN

Car
VW Golf 1.6 TDi (Work Horse), C63 507 Saloon (Sold)
I've heard that the startup logo on the Command System can be changed from the current Mercedes Benz one to an AMG logo.

Apparently the logo is there and hidden in the code for the Command system and carrying out a sequence of key presses enables it.

I wouldn't mind having it and was wondering if anyone else has done it?

If its something that could potentially mess the command system up then I'd rather not do it but was just wondering if anyone else has done it and whether it worked?

Hmmm, would this work on a CLK209 2009 Command?

Is it me or do the YTUBE not show the finished article?

Thanks Mate, so it is true!

I will look into this further.

I changed my W211 E55 Comand from MB to AMG splash screen using that method.
Pressing 3 5 and 7 at the same time opened the menu. But my Comand is a lot older.

I'm the opposite. So many AMG logo'ed screens and bits 'n pieces that I may have to change my own initials to AMG......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, would this work on a CLK209 2009 Command?

Is it me or do the YTUBE not show the finished article?

I tried it on mine a couple of years back but was potentially going to do more harm than good, so I left it.

The procedures found online seem to work for some comands but not others.

Sorry if this is a silly question but what's NTG4?

Using the document in the link, I have reached the Eng menu on my NGT2, but cannot find the startup logo screen...any ideas?

Turn on Comand
Press Tel
Press and hold down "5" "3" "7" in that order and all three numbers held down for 10 seconds.

Menu appears with AMG211_ USA etc.
Scroll down using the up/down arrow buttons until you find your model number
Select (eg for a r171 ) R171AMG_ECE
Do Not select USA, select ECE (europe)
Press the OK button
Turn off Comand, lock the door and wait one minute.
Open the car and turn on Comand
The MB logo should now be changed to AMG

The attached video shows the above steps exactly. Please note, the logo is being changed from AMG back to MB so don't select W211_ECE for the AMG logo in an E class

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=vz_kZgP7BgE[/YOUTUBE]

Using the document in the link, I have reached the Eng menu on my NGT2, but cannot find the startup logo screen...any ideas?

See post above. The start up screen isn't in the engineering mode.

I changed my W211 E55 Comand from MB to AMG splash screen using that method.
Pressing 3 5 and 7 at the same time opened the menu. But my Comand is a lot older.

Worked on mine too.

It's a small thing but I do notice it when I switch on the choones.

Little confused.

So we all use W211? or is that just for E55's? Is there gonna be a W203 option for me. Don't wanna ruin my comand lol

Grovsie31 said:
Little confused. So we all use W211? or is that just for E55's? Is there gonna be a W203 option for me. Don't wanna ruin my comand lol
Paul, you should find the 203 on there for Europe - don't be scared, just do it!

R171 AMG ;)

Last edited:
As long as you select the first AMG logo you will be fine, its the ones down the list which are meant to be the issue.

I bet its an urban legend anyway, why would there be an option to knacker the system :)

I've heard if you press the wrong button it ejects the drivers seat at 160mph.

I've heard if you press the wrong button it ejects the drivers seat at 160mph.

155Mph, Mercs have limiters remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom