AMG Mercedes Coupe CE Spares/Repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some decent options on that one.

Clearly the engine isn't an AMG unit, the seller states "engine was changed last year by a previous owner".

whats it worth without the AMG engine and and can you buy and AMG unit

You can do but will it not be better if you bang one on your estate instead?

Hi Dash, im not in a position to buy dash just interested in what its worth and if you can get hold of AMG engine for it?

what do you think its worth in its current state

cheers dash

Let`s just say it`s worth a lot more than 200bp and as for the engine,Janner has a 3.6 one for sale for a few hundred

Ended early. I really wanted that :mad:
Anybody here buy it?

Ended early. I really wanted that :mad:
Anybody here buy it?

Why not call the nr and ask,I was tempted at it myself just for the sake of the front bumper

Well, £350 later and it's sat in my garage :D
Haven't had a chance to make a list of what it needs to decide if I should fix or break it.

Wierd thing is it's got a full service history with most of the invoices and every MOT. The mileage is only 127,000 but it's had a new engine and the gearbox is playing up. What happened to bulletproof W124s? Maybe it got dumped in a river or something?
The spec is quite good with electric memory seats, cruise, hands free (old school!) phone, remote locking alarm and Sportline suspension.
Seems a shame to break it but the wings are rusty as hell, the jacking points look quite bad and it's not going to be worth that much when fixed. Mmmm, we'll see.

What do we reckon the ducktail, skirts and back bumper are worth if sold on ebay, perhaps separately?

Wierd thing is it's got a full service history with most of the invoices and every MOT. The mileage is only 127,000 but it's had a new engine and the gearbox is playing up. What happened to bulletproof W124s? Maybe it got dumped in a river or something?
The spec is quite good with electric memory seats, cruise, hands free (old school!) phone, remote locking alarm and Sportline suspension.
Seems a shame to break it but the wings are rusty as hell, the jacking points look quite bad and it's not going to be worth that much when fixed. Mmmm, we'll see.

Depends if you want to keep it or make a few quid on it Janner - for it's faults, it might be worth changing the transmission fluid as a matter of course and genuine second hand wings can be bought pretty cheaply (i managed to get a pair for £73.00). The jacking points should be around couple of hundred to get all 4 done (some of the chaps maybe able to confirm), but in the meantime you could spray them up with Bilt Hamber Dynax S50 to start killing the existing rust and stop the rest spreading.

Alternatively, you could certainly make a few quid breaking it up!!

What do we reckon the ducktail, skirts and back bumper are worth if sold on ebay, perhaps separately?

What about the front bumper?
Anyway:The last ducktail on ebay went for just over 200 and a member here REI might be interested on the side skirts

The front bumper's quite badly damaged. I'll have to get it off the car and see if it can be repaired. I've had a quick look under the car and it seems quite solid, mostly due to the massive oil leak from the head gasket.
I'm toying with the idea of putting the 3.6 engine and box in and selling it whole.

The front bumper's quite badly damaged. I'll have to get it off the car and see if it can be repaired. I've had a quick look under the car and it seems quite solid, mostly due to the massive oil leak from the head gasket.
I'm toying with the idea of putting the 3.6 engine and box in and selling it whole.

I`m sure you can fix the front bumper,the one on my saloon was much worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom