Amg or Something?? lol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Ok, i really need some direction atm, I've just sold my s211 which i totally adored.

The thing is i've always been for a 7 seater of sorts but the wife is coming round to the Fact i'm getting older and having a midlife crises that being a Early one "38" lol

Budget probably upto 10k after xmas , or 8-9k before.

I'm really liking the c55 , clk55 cab and coupe scared of a Cl lol also like the Cls but could do with a 5.5 one as a 5.0 ltr i dont think would cut it? i may be wrong.

What are the above like to drive? i love a Big car feel like the 211 i drove a 2005 c220 w203 once and felt good but the E class did feel more solid, Are the c55's similar or do they feel tighter??

Sorry for the Q's please be gental lol Confused......:crazy:

Also sorry if this is in the wrong section

Don't look any further than a CLS55 or E55. If you drive one, then jump into a n/a or 500 you'll understand why.:D

If you are looking for a keeper you REALLY have to love the CL, they will go wrong and it is so frustrating!!! That said, when they are right they are amazing cars.

E55

Thanks for the replies peeps, Does anyone know this car?

Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz AMG for sale in Jersey | Pistonheads

Also being from Jersey but over 10 years old would there be Vat to pay?

Looks a fair price but I'd take the CKS horse power claim with a pinch of salt. I'd also inspect carefully for rust after a couple of years on the island.

It appears buying a car from Jersey isn't straightforwards either

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/151119-buying-car-jersey.html

GAV hold off and get an S212 350 7 seater. Better than an AMG.

GAV hold off and get an S212 350 7 seater. Better than an AMG.

I haven't ruled those out but there alittle more than my price range at the moment.

I'll have whatever he's on ^^^^ :doh:

I see what you are saying lol, Id be happy with either, But more happy with a e55k i think lol

The thing is ive never been in either or any of the Amg's ive mentioned. :eek:

I see what you are saying lol, Id be happy with either, But more happy with a e55k i think lol

Go for a test drive.

I think you guys should organise a mini meet and let Gav have a go in your cars :)

Go for a test drive.

I'm 100% Straight with peeps i hate to go to a Dealer or private seller test drive there say c55 and end up saying "thanks but no thanks"

I hate buying and selling cars, I usually find Sellers are abrupt (dealer wise) And Private peeps have just had enough of time wasters of which id hate to be.

I think you guys should organise a mini meet and let Gav have a go in your cars :)

Just a Ride in one of suggested vehicles wouldn't have to drive it, would also be happy to travel.

When i bought my e320 cdi it was 200miles away, I told the seller what my budget was and if the vehicle was as described id go down there and buy it with no haggling.

And thats what i did, and a cracking car it was too.

I'm 100% Straight with peeps i hate to go to a Dealer or private seller test drive there say c55 and end up saying "thanks but no thanks"

I hate buying and selling cars, I usually find Sellers are abrupt (dealer wise) And Private peeps have just had enough of time wasters of which id hate to be.

This will be the only test drive you'd need to take. After it you will be signing on the dotted line.

I'll have whatever he's on ^^^^ :doh:
Calm down Stu, I've got both. Your opinion on the forum is not worth anything anymore anyway you BMW diesel driving etc etc .... How dare you comment on A Mercedes forum these days !
(All in jest before the pc brigade step in)

Last edited:

Problem is , when you drive the 55k, everything else you try is just a waste of time

Just a Ride in one of suggested vehicles wouldn't have to drive it, would also be happy to travel.

I'd happily give you a ride in mine but it sits with engine out at the moment.

Thats really kind Alx, why is the engine out of it at the moment out of interest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom