Amg which tyres seem to be best

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ray d

Car
slk 55 amg
Hi all, I am sure this has been discussed before but anyway I am running a 55 amg and have done 9k on it ant 2k was running it in. I looked at the rears and am down to the limit which I know it to much right foot but are there any views on the best all round tyres for them. I am using continentals which came on i.t

I found Michelins were best on my CLS55, good grip wet or dry and they didn't "fall off the cliff" at 4mm, unlike the Pirelli I had previously!

Goodyear Asymettric 3 are brill gets my vote everytime.

Pirelli p zero are noisy and not great in the wet. Michelin ps4 are good but very pricey. Contis are a bit coarse too.

Ps4s are new - they have replaced the PSS. ContiSportContact 5p are also pretty good.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I was going to ask about eagle f1 tires as I had them on my TVR and I liked them but thought they would not be about any more as that is going back 7 years ago. Just googled
Goodyear Asymettric 3 and they came up. Tread pattern a lot different but would suit as they look much like the conti's on the car

Nankang NS-20's on 2013 c63 coupe are the dogs sphericals. Was dubious when I picked the car up with them on about 18 months ago but after variable drives incl. 2 track days I would not pay the extra to fit anything else. AND yes, I drive hard & like a loon but only when & where safe to do so!

ray d said:
Hi all, I am sure this has been discussed before but anyway I am running a 55 amg and have done 9k on it ant 2k was running it in. I looked at the rears and am down to the limit which I know it to much right foot but are there any views on the best all round tyres for them. I am using continentals which came on i.t

I was very impressed with the Falken FK453's I used on my CLK55. No issues in the wet or dry.

Just put Michelin Pilot Sport 4s on mine

I ran PS2s for a long time on an E55K.

However, I found the Goodyear F1 A2s to be much better tyres all round.

Just put on Goodyear f1's am3 on my cls 55 amg. Really happy with them and would recommend them.

I sailed 680hp thru a monsoon on m6 toll today on yokohama advan v105 and came out alive on the other end. Traction is simply stunning in any weather. I can't believe i've been michelin loyalist all these years!

Part of me wants to try ps4s (not available for E63 rears) but i really can't think how they can improve on yokohamas. I'm loving this underdog so far!

My Conti 5's need replacing - I'm going to conti 6 as I've heard only good things about them and my experience of the 5's has been very positive

I sailed 680hp thru a monsoon on m6 toll today on yokohama advan v105 and came out alive on the other end. Traction is simply stunning in any weather. I can't believe i've been michelin loyalist all these years!

Part of me wants to try ps4s (not available for E63 rears) but i really can't think how they can improve on yokohamas. I'm loving this underdog so far!

I've just put PS4S all round on S63, 275/35 ZR20 on rear, so I'm surprised you can't get them for E63. All good so far, but not had them long enough for proper comparison, although all the reviews are very favourable.

That is good to know, got some coming for the CLS55 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom