Amsterdam hotel recommendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz_l

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mini Cooper S, BMW M140i
Greetings, Citizens.

Looking at staying in Amsterdam for 2/3 days but will be arriving by car. No point trying to stay in the centre as obviously it's not car friendly and parking will be a PITA. Any recommendations for a half decent place to stay within a sensible tram/bus ride? Bland chain hotels are acceptable.

Cheers,

Gaz

Go on airBnb and get a apartment, much better

We got a good deal on one last November, 10 minute walk into the centre

I always stayed at the Arena hotel.Just ask for a room away from the front courtyard as the people scraping chairs across the ground do your head in (might be a shroom thing though) :D

Home - Hotel Arena

Download the "Hotel Tonight" app. You may find a good deal if you willing to take the risk of booking a hotel on the night you're actually going to stay, as the app name suggests. Otherwise you can also book up to a week in advance, for up to 5 nights a stay.

You can search for hotels on a map view, obviously the ones further out the centre are more likely to have parking, and there's detailed information on each hotel with parking facilities on offer.

Go on airBnb and get a apartment, much better

We got a good deal on one last November, 10 minute walk into the centre

Same here - we found a fantastic apartment opposite Rijksmuseum on AirBnB a few weeks ago.

ShinyF1 said:
Same here - we found a fantastic apartment opposite Rijksmuseum on AirBnB a few weeks ago.

Nice quiet area! We stayed in the Plantage part right behind Wertheimpark by the Resistance Museum

5 minutes away from 'Glo Golf', a crazy golf course in the basement of a small pub, lit with UV lights, some 3D glasses and the course and walls are decorated in UV paint it was brilliant

Thanks for all the replies. Trying to book something for next weekend, there's no such thing as a cheap last minute deal these days, or so it would appear. I've been quoted €700 for 3 nights in an Ibis miles from the city centre.. I'll just not bother.

Cheers,

Gaz

Update.

As we have some holiday coming up we were thinking of doing a driving holiday around Europe, but Amsterdam was not the only cowpat that was thrown in our path. End of the day, we gave up completely on the idea, we're now flying out to Cyprus for 10 days. 30 degrees every day forecast, nice apartment in Paphos and a hire car for the duration so we can explore.. what's not to like?

Thanks anyway.

Cheers,

Gaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom