Amsterdam Hotels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

digisatman

Hey all,

Thinking of beating the credit crunch and going to Amsterdam early May for a couple of days.

Can anyone recommended a hotel? Cheers

I have an office in Amsterdam and stay downtown regularly at the Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky. It also has an excellent restuarant - Reflet. It's location is good for everything else that Amsterdam has to offer :)

I have an office in Amsterdam and stay downtown regularly at the Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky. It also has an excellent restuarant - Reflet. It's location is good for everything else that Amsterdam has to offer :)

Thats wierd, I do Amsterdam at least once per month with work, would agree the Krasnapolsky is a great hotel I chop and change between there and the BArbizon Palace near the station. Both hotels belong to the NH group an d I would highly recommend this hotel group.

Trando will let you know next time I am in Dam just in case you are in town, be good to get a beer and venture out on the town, :D

Hey all,

Thinking of beating the credit crunch and going to Amsterdam early May for a couple of days.

Can anyone recommended a hotel? Cheers
Hi,if you're looking to beat the credit crunch and looking for something cheap n cheerful i can recommend AMSTEL BOTEL .Its an old ferry converted into a hotel.
2 minutes walk from central station and THE best chinese restaurant just around the corner

Hi,if you're looking to beat the credit crunch and looking for something cheap n cheerful i can recommend AMSTEL BOTEL .Its an old ferry converted into a hotel.
2 minutes walk from central station and THE best chinese restaurant just around the corner

Totally agree.

Alan

Agree Botel is clean and cheapish easy acces to town as well plus easy and free parking

Lynall

Also use NH but the City Centre one. Can recommend highly.

I've been to Amsterdam more than twenty times, plus I worked just outside the city for a year in the 80s. I've stayed in the Kraznapolsky (very grand) and the Hilton (very bland) plus several cheaper hotels, but the best by far was the American Hotel in the Leidseplein.

The hotel is an Art Noveau building dating from 1900. The rooms are all very comfortable; some are in a relatively new extension and they are bland modern; the original rooms are beautiful but attract a premium.

The hotel has a good French style cafe/restaurant (Cafe Americain) which is THE place to go for breakfast in Amsterdam. The breakfast menu is legendary and the cuisine is varied and international. The Cafe Americain has been sympathetically restored and retains many period features.

It's not so great for dinner, though. The surrounding streets are packed with outstanding restaurants catering for all tastes and budgets. There's a Dutch pancake house nearby but whatever your taste, there will be a restauant to satisfy it.

The hotel is well placed for all the main attractions and is at one end of the main shopping street. Trams run from the hotel door to Centraal Station.

You can book the hotel direct or as part of a package. The package deals mostly use the modern rooms, which are very comfortable but lack the atmosphere of the original hotel.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/nl/american.en.html

I guess it all depends on a few things, 1) who you're going with, 2) what you're going there for and 3) your budget/expectations.

I went to dam last month for a friend's birthday, and went for a cheap n cheerful hotel. It was called Hotel Titus in (Leidseplein), cheapest place I found in the city and walking distance to Dam Sq. But it's all we needed: a warm room, 3 beds, TV, WIFI and a shower/bathroom.

All we did was sleep in the rooms as there were far too many places to explore out there!!!!:bannana:

Last edited:
I went to dam last month for a friend's birthday, and went for a cheap n cheerful hotel. It was called Hotel Titus in (Leidseplein), cheapest place I found in the city and walking distance to Dam Sq.

With respect, it is one hell of a walk from Leidseplein to Dam Square. :confused:

Botel was never a ferry, it was built as a floating hotel.

I quite like the Eden Hotel on the Amstel near Rembrandtplein.

Not too expensive, nice clean functional rooms (not huge), flat screen tvs, recently refurbished, good tram links and reasonably central.

As others have said Kraznopolsky is nice, but its pricey. If you want very pricey, try the Okura.

Botel was never a ferry, it was built as a floating hotel.
I stand corrected.Looks like a ferry though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom