Another Merc joins the family

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Went and test drove a Merc a140 today, and yep put a deposit down.

Now it turned out we bought a Silver one lol, But hey the wife liked it.

Picking it up soon, There was a clonk coming from the nearside front over bumps, sounded like a drop link, Wishbone, Shock ect knocking.

Asked the seller "trader" to sort the clonking out and we would buy it. So we did.

It's 2004 "04" FSH, Manual a140 in classic spec, 2 Owners and done 101,500 miles, and came with 3 months Comp Warranty. Only 25 miles from us too.

It had some nice Oe Merc wheels on it and tbf quite tidy interior was very smart, the wife liked the classic trim as she is not a fan of wood. Everything worked on the test drive including the a/c

Paid £1,195 Pic's to follow Touch wood when we collect it.

Great news, hope she'll enjoy it - it's a lovely little car.

Check the back of the trim of the ⅔ rear seat - there will be a small zipped section on the left, where it joins the ⅓ rear seat - open it and there should be a black metal rod - this is used to support rear seat bench when folded up, and is often missing. I have one, for which I have no use anymore, so you're welcome to it :thumb:

I also have a pdf manual and accessories brochure, I'd be happy to email these to you, if you want.

Wow GLK thankyou i will certainly have a look when we pick it up. Really apreciated :)

Last edited:
Thanks Grober, i did pull over on the test drive and have a quick look. The Coil spring Looked very new, But the shock tube was rusted and the Drop link looked like it had seen better days.

It deffo sounded like Shock/link, It just had a MOT "but" being in the trade, i do know how these Mot's "can" get done. The Garage was right next door to the Sales office sooooo lol. But the Seller tbf seemed a decent chap, I'm sure it will get sorted.

Wow GLK thankyou i will certainly have a look when we pick it up. Really apreciated :)

Not at all :thumb:

This is the thing:

33147836123_36bc4f34ac_o.png

33961037345_eafbd816bc_o.png

Also check the air conduit - it is almost always broken / damaged where it connects to the filter box (marked in red):

33576090230_e6a265fa02_o.jpg

The one that was offered to you in a different thread, and was too far away, is a perfect example - have a look ...

You will also notice in the above pic, I used a cable tie to keep the hose straight on the filter box, so the brand new hose I bought same week as the car, lasted four years, and showed no sign of breaking/tearing when I sold it.

Nice one:thumb: That should score some heavy brownie points if I'm not mistaken:D
The manual A class is a decent little car. My wife ran one untroubled for 3 years until she went for my old Focus work car when I packed in.

Nice one:thumb: That should score some heavy brownie points if I'm not mistaken:D
The manual A class is a decent little car. My wife ran one untroubled for 3 years until she went for my old Focus work car when I packed in.

We went to look at a Honda Jazz as i did explain to the wife the Honda Just wont break down lol.

She wasn't keen, Said it was boring, The particular example was also covered in dents.

She really wanted the Merc over a Honda :dk: lol But the A class did feel sturdy and the interior was alot nicer.

We went to look at a Honda Jazz as i did explain to the wife the Honda Just wont break down lol.

She wasn't keen, Said it was boring, The particular example was also covered in dents.

She really wanted the Merc over a Honda :dk: lol But the A class did feel sturdy and the interior was alot nicer.

Should have got her Mrs Brutus :D

C55 :D

She is scared of it, lol

Great news, hope she'll enjoy it - it's a lovely little car.

Check the back of the trim of the ⅔ rear seat - there will be a small zipped section on the left, where it joins the ⅓ rear seat - open it and there should be a black metal rod - this is used to support rear seat bench when folded up, and is often missing. I have one, for which I have no use anymore, so you're welcome to it :thumb:

I also have a pdf manual and accessories brochure, I'd be happy to email these to you, if you want.

What a cracking response, just goes to show what a fantastic club this is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom