Another new C63, diamond white coupe.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PenelopePitstop

Car
Was SLK55 2014, Audi A8
I collected my new car about a week ago and so far done 300miles in it. Car was ordered via Carfile in Mercedes Benz of Stoke which offered me best discount.

I wanted to protect the paint before travelling to Europe so booked a session with Gemclean who was recommended on the forum. There's a thread about car detailing and some pictures of it:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/deta...-c63-amg-coupe-new-car-protection-detail.html

I didn't take any pictures with proper camera yet as I was out of country in the first week of ownership and then car went to Gemclean. I have some ideas for interesting photo session which will take place in May.

About the car:
Standard C63 in diamond white, privacy glass, parking camera, black and white porcelain interior. Similar to the car of other forum member.

I still have SLK which will stay with me until end of August and be used as workhorse for any daily driving. I must say that C-class seems to be huge comparing to SLK which is very easy to park. I usually stick to small sporty cars so C-class is my biggest car so far except some rentals I hired in past.

Just looked at the detailing thread. I didn't know a white car could actually look so glossy.

FWIW I find some cars seem to work much better than other in white - C63's look great :)

~Well done nice choice! top upgrade from the SLK

TRAX this year then :)

~Well done nice choice! top upgrade from the SLK

TRAX this year then :)

I didn't sign up to Trax yet, as I'm not sure if it's not conflicting with Scirocco meeting in Germany. Having 3 cars is tricky at times ;-)

Regarding car colour, my friends were pushing for red one but I don't like C-class red.

Last edited:
Excellent, good work and great choice of colours :)

You're gonna love it!

Congrats on the new car! At least I'll recognise one that's on the trip in July ;)

My friend will be doing running in for me while I'm busy working and commuting by public transport. This way car will be ready for German roads :)

It was great seeing at Brooklands.

Enjoy :)

Had 2 happy years with my C63 coupe before I swapped her in at the weekend, and I can almost guarantee you're in for some fun. Hopefully yours is free of dash rattles...

K

Dash rattle is there from day 1. If I press between CD slot and vents it will disappear.

I ignore it as I don't plan to waste my time for dealer trips. Don't believe they can fix it and not break anything else or create more rattle sources.

Dash rattle is there from day 1. If I press between CD slot and vents it will disappear.

I ignore it as I don't plan to waste my time for dealer trips. Don't believe they can fix it and not break anything else or create more rattle sources.

Had mine in to MB yesterday to get the squeaking dash looked at.
Intermittently squeaked 4 times in about 3 weeks, would only last a few minutes then disappear again.

Nothing in the last 10 days (typical) so I knew it would be a waste of time taking it in.
The Tech was reluctant to start stripping the dash incase he introduced more issues - which was fair enough.

This morning, it appeared again!
Before it was around the left of the Comand console where it flares out to meet the glovebox.
Today it was same place as yours, the plastic between the CD slot and vents - a very annoying high pitched squeal not too disimilar to a Guinea Pig!
Disappeared before I got to the top of the road.
I can only attribute it to cold temperature as there was a fine layer of frost over the car when I left this morning and on a previous occasion the ambient temp was the same.

In my case rattle noise is always there. It's like baby's toy placed somewhere behind the dash. But as mentioned earlier, I will live with it.

VW was never able to eliminate rattles in my Scirocco but they managed to generate extra ones and waste a lot of my time. I don't believe Mercedes will be any better if the car is coming like this straight from factory. I drove C180 recently and it was ok, no noises from dash and rental cars are never treated good. It must be special feature in C63 ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom