Another new C63, diamond white coupe.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Night shots of my car taken yesterday:

_SH_8380_.jpg

_SH_8383_.jpg

_SH_8396_.jpg

_SH_8393_.jpg

_SH_8390_.jpg

Awesome! Was cool to see it at the last Brooklands meet. Love the pics!!!!! :)

I'm getting to the point when I can't live with the rattle any longer and will have to book appointment at the dealership.

Rattle is coming from: frame around vents, storage compartment in centre console, centre console by the roof and from somewhere around boot/rear screen. I thought I go crazy yesterday.

The whole point of owning the car is to enjoy engine sound but I have to switch the music on and turn it up sometimes.

Any recommendation for dealership: Guildford, Epsom, Brooklands? I was thinking about avoiding Brooklands as they were useless in the past.

Any recommendation for dealership: Guildford, Epsom, Brooklands? I was thinking about avoiding Brooklands as they were useless in the past.

Guildford are pretty good. They fixed all my rattles 6 months ago. Although I have a new one from the drivers Sun-Visor :eek:

In the end I went to Epsom, as already mentioned in another thread. They kept the car for a week trying to fix all the rattles. Were quite proud when returning the car, that they fixed everything. Well... it took about 30 minutes of slow driving in queue to hear the usual rattle from air vents in mid console and new sounds from plastic somewhere near glovebox. And it was on brand new, flat tarmac so can't blame bumps on a road.

After a week of driving rattle is even worse than before and now it also comes from driver's vent on the right. Had to turn up the music loudly yesterday.

Service guy said that it's issue common to coupe. I can't be bother to do another service visit as getting to work from Epsom is nightmare and don't want to be without car as well. Replacement car is not an option as I need parking permit if off street parking space is occupied by someone else.

A nightmare, I sympathise with you. I can't stand rattles, or any other noise. I know needs must, but what a pain.

I have a contact at Brooklands, he has looked after my cars for over ten years, first Brentford. If that helps let me know and I will pm you his details.

Last edited:
I've only had my C63 coupe 2wks and i have an annoying creaking noise coming from the glovebox area that is driving me mad! On one hand im kind of glad its common and not just my car but on the other hand it shouldn't be happening at all. I cant take it back to the supplying dealer as i bought the car from devon and i live in west yorkshire, will my local dealer look into this for me or would they be reluctant? Im worried that they will make it worse or scratch something trying to fix it. The car is a november 2012 car so still in warranty.

Go to any dealer for warranty repair and better do it well ahead before warranty expires so you can come back for any extra repairs.

This rattle is spoiling the whole experience. I often drive without any music so I can hear the engine.

Last edited:
Me too but when i have a passenger in it for the first time its embarrassing ive had the comment "how much did you pay for this?"
I agree that you shouldn't have to drive with the radio on to drown out the rattles

If I knew it's a problem with C-class coupe in general, I would go for saloon. I have to talk to my neighbour and ask him if he has the same problem. Or he can make himself known to me if he reads forum, reg plate starting GL05 xxx. Almost identical to mine but with black wheels.

If I knew it's a problem with C-class coupe in general, I would go for saloon. I have to talk to my neighbour and ask him if he has the same problem. Or he can make himself known to me if he reads forum, reg plate starting GL05 xxx. Almost identical to mine but with black wheels.

Which factory makes the coupe cars?

If anyone is looking to buy Diamond White C63, my old car is for sale at Brooklands.

http://used.mercedes-benz.co.uk/use...des-benz-c63-amg-brooklands-for-sale-lh14aec#

I returned it at the beginning of December and it just came back on the market. All the info is in this thread. Rattle was never fixed (Epsom and Brooklands had a go at it). Car is due service in around 2000 miles as well so it may be worth negotiating B service before pick up.

Except rattle there was no problem with the car and it's in excellent condition. I used it mostly on European roads with very little town driving.

P.S. One lady owner ;-)

Last edited:
My friend went for a test drive in my old car and reported new damage to it, which must have occurred while in Brooklands (not visible on initial photos taken for the ad). I hope they don't blame previous owner for it.

Passenger door
%25255BUNSET%25255D.jpg

Dent below rear left light
%25255BUNSET%25255D.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom