Another New Guy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alexe63

Car
2011 E 63 AMG Performance Pack
Hi all - I picked up my new-to-me 2011 E63 (M156) last weekend and I'm loving it so far. Bit of an upgrade to my old Mk2 TT :thumb: and it feels great owning one of the last big N/A engines about.

I'm looking forward to taking part in the community and learning how I can best take care of the beast. Pictures can follow once I've cleaned her if anyone is interested (though I imagine you've all seen loads already).

Hello and welcome to the forum Alex. Look forward to seeing the pictures of your new obsession.

Hi Alex welcome to the forum, enjoy your new car. :thumb:

Welcome to MBClub and congratulations on your new car, a fine choice.

Interesting you mention the NA aspect, I've noticed that there's a real surge in interest in sporting NA engines in recent months. Only to be expected with the rise in turbocharging and hybridisation but NA popularity seems to be gathering momentum quickly.

Interesting you mention the NA aspect, I've noticed that there's a real surge in interest in sporting NA engines in recent months. Only to be expected with the rise in turbocharging and hybridisation but NA popularity seems to be gathering momentum quickly.

I definitely think you're right about the surge in interest in NA being partially due forced induction engine prevalence. Engines are getting smaller and smaller every year and turbo/super/hybrid systems getting better and better. While there is something inherently cool about squeezing 400ps out of a 2.0 4 pot, the really big powerful traditional NA engines are a different beast. They also won't be around much longer in my opinion since new regulations will make them not economically viable to produce.

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom