Another "What Audio System is this?" & "What can be upgraded" Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MecrazyBenz

Car
w204 C320 CDI Sport
After 5 years away from Mercedes, I have returned with a 2008 W204 C320 CDI Sport :bannana:

After searching the forums and reading the manual etc I think I have the Audio 50 Navigation system (Small colour screen, not the flip out larger screen).

It has Navigation, Live traffic Information, Harmon Kardon Sound system, Bluetooth, Aux in glove box.

So a couple of questions:

1) Is it possible to add USB or SD card slot?
2) Where is the Navigation DVD played from? When I press eject on the cd drive nothing comes out? Is the navigation DVD played from somewhere else (boot?) I have the original Navigation DVD case in the glove box.
3) Is it possible to play audio via bluetooth on this model?

Thanks in advanced for any info.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have the Audio-50. It has a hard disk. I can't remember if the unit supports Media Interface, (I think it does), if so it will either have a complicated looking connector in the glovebox, or Media Interface can be retrofitted. Then you can plug in USB, or a Tune2Air to give Bluetooth music

Or you can just add an iPod kit (controllable from steering wheel) and Tune2Air for Bluetooth audio streaming (assuming your phone can support multiple pairings, one for audio one for phone)

Richard

Thanks Richard for your reply.

After posting my questions I discovered the Audio 50 in my car has a 6 DVD changer built in and the Nav disc is in slot 6. No idea why the eject button did not work when I intially tried but pressing that now gives the option to load/eject discs in the 6 slots.

So my thinking now is I can have 6 DVDs loaded with mp3 music, hence not really needing USB or Ipod control or music via Bluetooth.

The only connector in the glove box is the Aux. Nothing else and nothing in the arm rest.

So after some testing I have 5 CDs loaded with MP3s working. But when I try and create a DVD with MP3s in UDF format, I get Disc Unreadable error. So far I have created 5 coasters now. The Audio 50 manual states Audio DVD mp3 is supported in UDF.

Does anyone use DVDs with mp3s in the Audio 50 and advise how best to burn these? Tried 2 different brand of dvds, burnt at slow speed, set to UDF only but will not read. The same mp3s on a cd work fine in all 5 slots...confused???

A lot of the US guys have audio DVDs working so can't see why it wouldn't work.

Problem solved. Managed to get MP3 DVDs working. For anyone reading with the same problem, this is what worked for me...

Software: Imageburn
Media: Philips DVD+R
Write speed: 8x
Book type: DVD-ROM
File system: ISO9660 Joliet

Full folder structure displayed on screen with track names etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom