Any 55K AMG owners with Weistec supercharger here? I need some feedback!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBFun

Car
W211 E320/E55K
Hello,

I'm a new member from abroad so please excuse my English and any grammar mistakes!

I own a W211 E-Class that had 55K engine installed by the previous owner - the car was E320 V6 Petrol originally. I want to take it further by replacing the AMG supercharger with Weistec but have some questions.

I notice that there's a few 63 AMG cars with Weistec superchargers installed on this board but I have not seen any Weistec 55K yet? Only announced builds but not finished. Is there a problem with 55K kits? I tried looking on other boards but very little to no information available as well. :dk:

I'm not criticizing anyone of course, just want to gather some feedback before I order my supercharger.

Thank you!
John

cb1965, thank you. I have seen that before and followed with interest but the owner is saying: 'progress is slow'. Seems that 63 cars are done in a day or two but 55 are taking much longer and I want to find out why? :(

cb1965, thank you. I have seen that before and followed with interest but the owner is saying: 'progress is slow'. Seems that 63 cars are done in a day or two but 55 are taking much longer and I want to find out why? :(

I think the Weistec upgrade was fine, but he is converting the whole car to a Brabus and having it resprayed etc. which is where the slow progress is.

Drop him a PM and ask him would be my advice... or post on his thread.

Alternatively talk to Acid at MSL Performance as he is the guy doing the conversions. Phone number 0121 772 4455

There are a couple of members who have had the 55K Weistec conversion

Speak with Acid at MSL Performance he is the UK Weistec dealer and will be able to help and advise

I think the Weistec upgrade was fine, but he is converting the whole car to a Brabus and having it resprayed etc. which is where the slow progress is.

Drop him a PM and ask him would be my advice... or post on his thread.

Alternatively talk to Acid at MSL Performance as he is the guy doing the conversions. Phone number 0121 772 4455

Yes, I agree, the build is massive. There's also a guy in California who had his car shipped to Weistec almost a year ago and promised to post the results but since went quiet and won't reply to private messages. I start believing that there's some conspiracy behind the 55K Weistec conversions :eek: I am happy to be proved wrong though!

I see that MSL Performance is Weistec dealer in the UK but I'm not local and only registered on this board because I have seen some of his work and wanted to hear from owners.

All 3 car with 55k Weistec Supercharger for the are running fine.

give me a call when your ready to speak.

Also we have ordered another 2 55k kits for 2 forum members. so in total there will be 5 car running this once finished.

Acid

There are a couple of members who have had the 55K Weistec conversion

Speak with Acid at MSL Performance he is the UK Weistec dealer and will be able to help and advise

Lee, thank you for your response. Your car is my inspiration for Weistec conversion. I honestly wouldn't change a thing if I had a C63 I would replicate it :thumb:

Please see my response to cb1965 regarding MSL Performance. Are the other 55K owners members of this board? I can't PM as the message after registration said I need 30 posts before this facility can be enabled.

All 3 car with 55k Weistec Supercharger for the are running fine.

give me a call when your ready to speak.

Also we have ordered another 2 55k kits for 2 forum members. so in total there will be 5 car running this once finished.

Acid

Acid,

Thank you, this is very reassuring. At least I know now they exist! Do you have any BHP and boost figures for those cars? Is the upgrade worth it?

Thank you,
John

I am having the 3.0l Weistec installed in 2 weeks time by MSL. Should be up and running within 2 days so will post dyno figures and updates as and when I can

With decent cooling mods it should be a decent, reliable machine and with the already installed exhaust system and Kleeman headers we should be looking at around the 700bhp mark.

It was a long time for me to decide on the upgrade but one thing that swayed me was the issues I was having with the Stock Supercharger Pulley, belt slipping and injector issues so hopefully this will change things for the better

Where are you based?

Acid,

Thank you, this is very reassuring. At least I know now they exist! Do you have any BHP and boost figures for those cars? Is the upgrade worth it?

Thank you,
John

I can confirm 1 car is running at 700bhp but this has cams and heads.

The other 2 have not yet been dynoed but i will have them here soon to get some results and fine tuning.

Acid

I am having the 3.0l Weistec installed in 2 weeks time by MSL. Should be up and running within 2 days so will post dyno figures and updates as and when I can

With decent cooling mods it should be a decent, reliable machine and with the already installed exhaust system and Kleeman headers we should be looking at around the 700bhp mark.

It was a long time for me to decide on the upgrade but one thing that swayed me was the issues I was having with the Stock Supercharger Pulley, belt slipping and injector issues so hopefully this will change things for the better

Where are you based?

My supercharger pulley was a big problem. We had to machine the shaft for 2 woodruff keys otherwise it kept slipping... I am tired of trying to push for higher BHP and keep replacing the components so decided to go with bigger supercharger too. My car has aftermarket headers made locally - I am from Taiwan but currently in Germany for work.

I spend a lot of time driving through Germany, lived there also for 8 years :)
My pulley sheared right off last week in Germany so that was it for me.....time to find something a little more reliable so hopefully this is the answer.

Lee's C63 and Jim's E63 are both unbelievable cars now with the Weistec conversions and seem very reliable so makes sense to give it a go ;)

I can confirm 1 car is running at 700bhp but this has cams and heads.

The other 2 have not yet been dynoed but i will have them here soon to get some results and fine tuning.

Acid

That's great, I will revisit this board to see if other 2 cars do the same numbers. This helps greatly with my plan, thank you all again! :bannana:

I spend a lot of time driving through Germany, lived there also for 8 years :)
My pulley sheared right off last week in Germany so that was it for me.....time to find something a little more reliable so hopefully this is the answer.

Lee's C63 and Jim's E63 are both unbelievable cars now with the Weistec conversions and seem very reliable so makes sense to give it a go ;)

Yes, 63 cars show great results. Until now I wasn't sure I knew of 1 successful 55K conversion but several on this board alone? Outstanding!

I get to travel the world with my work (pharmaceuticals) and it's my first time in Germany. I really like the country! I am yet to visit the UK though.

I wish you well with your Weistec conversion. I will be watching with interest. Hopefully I will order my supercharger from Weistec before this year ends!

All good on my car pal. The build is so huge there has been so much extensive changes on it all.

Time has not been on my side and car is with Acid to finish it off for me with all the little bits to do.

Dyno will follow in next week or so I am sure.

Acid is a top guy and will sort it all out.

My car is now running like a ballistic missile since the Weistec install. A few issues with tuning led to other issues but the guys at MSL kept their cool and ended up building a complete Monster!

A lot more Power and Torque that I could have imagined and so much quieter than the AMG SC. Just the whine of the Weistec as you touch the throttle

I can thoroughly recommend this route but make sure you have split cooling and even Killer Chiller as they are not a straight bolt on as we are led to believe by the vendor!

Take the money out of the bank and go for it, you won't be disappointed :)

You mean he hasn't installed one yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom